Never miss an opportunity. On ZipRecruiter, top companies reach out to you.
Your feedback helps keep ZipRecruiter safe.
Learn more about how to recognize common online scams
“We are a growing company providing great opportunities. Work to Live, not Live to Work!”
Job Title: Maintenance Technician
Reports To: Maintenance Operations Manager
Status: Full-time; Non-Exempt
Benefits include $360 car allowance in addition to wage
PLEASE NOTE: LOCAL CANDIDATES WILL BE GIVEN FIRST CONSIDERATION. NON LOCAL CANDIDATES WILL BE CONSIDERED BUT WILL REQUIRE FACE TO FACE INTERVIEW. OUT OF STATE CANDIDATES MUST INCLUDE INFORMATION AS TO WHEN THEY WILL BE IN THE LOCAL AREA.
JOB SUMMARY: Under the direction of the Maintenance Operations Manager, responsible for the overall maintenance of the physical plant and all areas related to the daily maintenance of the grounds.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following but are not limited to the job specifications contained herein. Additional duties or job functions that can be performed safely may be required as deemed necessary by BRC Real Estate.
• Responsible for the prompt and efficient preparation of vacant units for occupancy and completion of service repairs as requested by residents.
• Perform necessary repairs and maintenance of the Company grounds, common areas, and parking lots to ensure proper upkeep and mitigate any deferred maintenance and/or life-safety issues.
• Perform the regular maintenance of pools, hot tubs, playgrounds, fitness equipment, fountains and other common area amenities.
• Perform daily trash collection, exterior light checks, landscape maintenance, custodial work, snow removal and AM/PM lock-up of amenities as needed.
• Maintain adequate knowledge of and comply with OSHA (Occupational Safety & Health Act) standards and Company safety policies at all times.
• Perform and record preventative maintenance as designated by the Company; Perform scheduled maintenance on all equipment based on the manufacturer’s recommendations and operating manuals.
• Participate in and ensure punctual response to on-call emergencies for evening, weekend and holiday coverage.
• Perform repairs made to appliances, fixtures, switches, outlets, circuits, thermostats, furnaces, air conditioners, and other electrical systems and components.
• Perform repairs such as replacing fittings, fixtures, disposals and appliances, clearing stoppages, repairing connections and other plumbing-related items.
• Perform repairs made to apartments such as replacing and texturing drywall, painting, installing and repairing blinds, flooring and screen doors, installing tile, grout and caulking, replacing and re-keying locks, hinges and knobs, and other interior maintenance items.
• Perform repairs made to concrete, masonry, roofs, fencing, asphalt, sprinkler systems, carports, garages, steps, and other exterior maintenance items.
• Perform carpentry work such as fitting doors, door jambs and windows, replacing and building shelves, cabinet drawers and doors, installing countertops, and other carpentry-related items.
• Responsible for the supply, inventory and upkeep of all personal tools in order to adequately perform the required tasks of the position, as well as the care, maintenance and inventory of all supplies and equipment owned by the community.
• Properly care for and wear the required Company uniform and safety equipment at all times; Care for and clean work area, tools and equipment on a regular basis.
• Respond to all resident requests and concerns in an efficient and courteous manner.
• Maintain a positive attitude, professional appearance and courteous disposition at all times.
• Promptly report any unusual or extraordinary circumstances regarding residents, personnel or the Company to the Community Manager.
• Fully understand and comply with all Company policies and procedures.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, service requests, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10's and 100's. Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume, and distance.
INTERPERSONAL SKILLS: Ability to understand and deal effectively with resident, vendor or personnel concerns or issues according to Company policy regardless of attitude, behavior or tone of the individual.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; to use the hands; and reach with hands and arms. The employee frequently is required to walk, climb or balance, and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 70 pounds and, on rare occasions, move more than 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to outside ambient temperatures, including excessive heat, cold and precipitation. The employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts; high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals; and risk of electrical shock. You may be required to use a personal vehicle for company business. In such an event, proper liability insurance shall be required.
BRC Multifamily Management is a privately owned, full service Multifamily firm located in Lakewood, Colorado. We specialize in working with owners to renovate and rehabilitate older apartments into beautiful, modern, affordable places for tenants to call home. Our management team has combined knowledge & experience of over 50 years within the industry.
We are a growing Property Management Company, with over 50 properties, and 1000+ units.