We are seeking a Business Intelligence Analyst is responsible for developing and executing a business intelligence strategy and roadmap. The goal of the BI strategy is to enable our user base to achieve our growth and profitability objectives by having direct access to data mine and report on the key data elements, and defined reports required to analyze the transactions within our organization. Our growth and profit objectives are determined by the leadership team and BI priorities are established collaboratively by the IT steering team. Technological platforms of the business are the investments in our ERP application Made 2 Manage and the recently implemented CRM application Microsoft Dynamics. The BI manager role will require broad and deep knowledge of these tools and how to best integrate a BI data structure to be as efficient and effective as possible. The BI manager role will research, recommend, and procure BI investments that will support the company’s organic and acquisitive growth initiatives.REQUIREMENTS / BACKGROUND:
- Experience and understanding of the core functions of ERP systems (Made 2 Manage) and CRM applications (Microsoft Dynamics), (or similar ERP or CRM applications) and how to integrate a BI strategy using these structured repositories of information
- Thorough knowledge of data architecture and data management principles.
- Deep understanding of database systems including both relational and OLAP designs.
- Proven experience in business intelligence and data analytics.
- Relevant experience with UI development and/or BI data visualization techniques
- Thorough working knowledge of statistical data analysis.
- Excellent priority and time management skills; can effectively implement multiple projects.
- Strong SQL and report development and optimization experience.
- Ability to organize information in an effective manner, to showcase relationships, qualities, quantities, and priorities, in a non-trivial but accessible and impactful manner.
- Proficient experience using Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint in a Windows operating system.
- Anticipate customers’ analytic needs and proactively conceptualize and champion high-value Business Intelligence solutions.
- Understand Key Performance Measures and Indicators that drive company measurement, reporting and analytics across key data sources, Operations/Logistics, HR, IT/Systems, Sales and Marketing.
- Use data mining, model building, and other analytical techniques to develop and maintain customer segmentation and predictive models to drive or inform the business
- Collaborate with business partners to learn business processes and capture requirements relative to proposed solutions.
- Lead the design, development, and implementation of complex customer analytic solutions by applying expert level understanding of Business Intelligence best practices.
- Apply a rich background in systems and data analysis to conduct in-depth evaluation of source system data and processes, recommends and implements data quality improvement processes and initiatives
- Use industry standard modeling tools to generate richly documented, creatively designed data models.
- Develops Extraction, Transformation and Loading (ETL) processes to acquire and load data from internal and external sources.
- Represents the IT team through interaction with business users or business analyst to gather reporting and analytic requirements, including partnering in development or providing training
- Respond to high priority requests from senior business leaders.
- Updates job knowledge by studying state-of-the-art/industry relevant tools, techniques, and equipment; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Strong Planning Capability
- Customer Service Oriented
- Problem-Solving Expertise
- Influencing Capabilities
- Change Agent, Open Thinker and Executer
- Strategically Minded
- Understands Confidentiality
About Boston Centerless:
Boston Centerless is an industry leader in supplying precision ground bar materials and grinding services, specializing in extremely close tolerances. We provide solutions to customers to enhance their manufacturing processes all over the world in a variety of industries including medical devices, aerospace, and automotive. Established more than 50 years ago with a commitment to delivering outstanding value no matter if the end product being manufactured is a spinal implant, fuel injection valve seat or fluid control component, the end result is always a high quality product.
Posted 3 years ago