$40,000 to $50,000 Annually
Why Work Here?
“Our novel technology enables the production of rare sugars that are nutritious, delicious and affordable. Noble work worth doing.”
Beginning November 2017, the successful candidate will assist in general laboratory functions and contribute to the development of several healthy food ingredients.
What you'll do:
- Purify proteins by various chromatographic techniques
- Perform enzyme characterization assays for activity, stability, and other properties
- Help manage day-to-day lab functions like equipment calibration, lab cleanliness and organization, buffer and media preparation
What you'll need:
- A Bachelor's degree in a biological field
- Lab experience in biochemistry, molecular biology, or microbiology
- Meticulous lab notebook practices
- Understanding of laboratory safety and hygiene
- Excellent organization and time management for performing multiple tasks simultaneouss
- Ability to problem solve and trouble-shoot
- A desire to contribute to cutting edge work in the field of nutrition and health
- Strong work ethic and business ethics
What you'll get:
- Experience working in the fast-paced environment of a biochemistry start-up in beautiful and entrepreneurial Charlottesville
- Training in protein biochemistry, bioinformatics, and general lab techniques
- Competitive compensation, including a stipend towards health insurance
Work Environment: Work will be conducted in a Biosafety Level 1 biological laboratory with extended periods of standing, and occasional heavy lifting (30+ lbs).
No relocation support provided. Candidates in the Charlottesville, Virginia area are encouraged to apply.
About Bonumose Biochem LLC:
Please visit our website (www.bonumose.com) for a full description of the company.
1725 Discovery Dr, Suite 220, Charlottesville, VA 22911
4 months ago