In need of an Aluminum Extrusion Machine Operator / Press Operator for our second and third shifts to work as a part of a high-performing work team. The Extrusion Operator is responsible for working on the line in a multi-press operation to ensure production targets are met. The individual will have the ability to learn at their pace and increase compensation based on what they know.
General Duties and Responsibilities:
· Adhering to Company policies, procedures, and directives regarding safety and standards of workplace behavior, in completing job duties and assignments.
· Perform daily and weekly autonomous maintenance on the extrusion press.
· Operate cranes and forklifts to move raw material and tooling when needed.
· Inform the production leader of any maintenance or safety issues.
· Periodically verify that parts are being properly racked as to not cause any damage.
· Die management; Ensure all necessary tooling is available at the beginning and throughout shift.
· Check finish and dimensions on extrusions at the required frequency.
· Ensure press signoffs after samples are checked.
· Ensure proper billets/logs are in the ovens and monitor the supply to keep the press going.
· Press samples must be properly labeled and kept together for traceability.
· Operation of Extrusion Press at the best possible speed while maintaining a good quality extrusion.
· Ensure all billets and alloy used are accounted for in Epics.
· Read and follow all notes in Epics applicable to the press section.
· Comply with all quality-related policies, procedures, and system requirements
· Be able to perform duties and responsibilities across all extrusion presses as needed to cover vacations, absences, breaks, etc.
Education and/or Experience
· High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
· 2 to 4 years of experience in a production environment and/or
· 2 to 4 years relevant extrusion experience preferred.
· Must be able to read and understand shop orders.
· Must be able to read and understand calipers, micrometers, and tape measures.
· Must be able to read and understand prints.
· Must be able to run the press and meet all press requirements.
· Must be able to use gauges & templates as required.
About Bonnell Aluminum:
For more than 65 years, Bonnell Aluminum has built a reputation as one of North America's leading manufacturers of custom aluminum extrusions. Through ongoing strategic investments and acquisitions, we continue to broaden our market and product reach, expanding our facilities, resources, and talent to provide our growing customer base with one of the most comprehensive ranges of capabilities in aluminum extrusions, fabrication, and finishing services in the industry.