Job type: Telecommute/Virtual
Office; Non-Exempt Temporary Full Time Pay Rate:
$12.00-$14.00/hour February 26, 2018 - July 27, 2018 Reports to:
Director of OperationsJOB PURPOSE:
You will provide outstanding customer service to the customers of Blueprint Summer Programs! The Customer Service Specialist is a key point of contact for the customer from the time the customer purchases the product until the student leaves the program. This role serves as the customer liaison, managing communications, data, systems and processes to ensure customer satisfaction. The ideal candidate partners with all departments to ensure the maintenance and growth of customer relationships.ESSENTIAL DUTIES:
- Learn our business. With continued support you will gain knowledge of all Blueprint departments and become a key contributor to reaching goals within the company.
- Provide excellent customer support to clients via phone, email or web channels to ensure each customer has a positive experience
- Provide low-level technical support for customers within the online registration portal
- Accurately log all interactions via established business process and tools.
- Provide prompt, reliable and accurate information to customers about the Blueprint Program experience while adjusting to the pace of the caller.
- Demonstrate ability to identify solutions based on established processes and procedures.
- Demonstrate effective soft skills, active listening, and ability to empathize with the customer's situation.
- Act with sensitivity in all customer interactions.
- Effectively manage length of calls, while ensuring all of customers questions and concerns are addressed.
- Graciously handle complaints, provide appropriate solutions and alternatives within the time limits; follow up to ensure resolution
- Follow communication procedures, guidelines and policies
- Display effective time management skills.
- Promote teamwork and company success.
- Follow up with other projects and duties as assigned
- Undergraduate Degree
- Computer proficiency, keyboard and web navigation skills
- Excellent verbal & written communications skills
- Comfort with technology and capability to learn and interact with multiple technology platforms
- Relentlessly positive
- Work assigned schedule, which may include varying shifts, weekends and/or holidays
- Prefer 6 months customer service experience, with phone based experience preferred
- Ability to understand customer issues
- Good problem solving and decision-making skills
- Ability to approach problems logically
- Customer-first mentality; ability to empathize and build customer relationships over the phone and email
- Ability to work with minimal supervision & handle pressure
- Ability to handle multiple projects in a fast-paced, highly dynamic environment
- Excellent organizational, partnering and teamwork skills
- Strong team player but still a self-starter
- Proven ability to problem-solve and optimize operating procedures
- Ability to give and receive effective feedback and share creative and new ideas
- Experience working in a virtual office setting and home office space with reliable internet
- Zendesk experience is a plus
This description should not be construed to contain every function or responsibility that may be required to be performed by an incumbent in this job. Incumbents are required to perform other related functions as assigned. About Blueprint Summer Programs
Our company helps high school students succeed in college from Day 1 through personal, fun and innovative summer programs. Here's why students come to Blueprint:
- Get Ready For College: Blueprint's proprietary College & Career Readiness curriculum, custom-developed academic courses and on-campus living help students more successfully navigate the transition from high school to college
- Choose the Right Major: Inspiring courses taught by top-notch instructors help students choose an area they would like (or not like!) to study
- Decide Where to Go to College: Living on a college campus and taking classes that focus on personal goals, budget and admission requirements help students feel more confident about what college is the ‘right fit' for them
- Rock their College Applications: Hands-on activities and workshops dedicated to organizing the college search and application process, writing stellar personal statements and engaging in effective college interviews all set students up for success as they apply for admission!
- HAVE FUN! Road trips, evening activities and tours of popular attractions make for a fun and memorable summer!
- We know, however, that the staff at our programs make a huge impact on how much a student learns from or loves their program experience, so we look for individuals that are good people with great experience and a passion for mentoring. If this is you, please join us!
7 months ago