Sorry, this job was closed 1 year ago. See all open Software QA Engineer Jobs in Grand Rapids, MI
What does Blue Medora look for in a QA engineer?
Blue Medora software QA engineers are counted on to be an active member in the company every day they come into work. They are relied on not only as external subject-matter experts but also experts of the products that are made internally by the company. The following items describe some of the skills and topics we look for in software QA engineers in order to meet these job role requirements:
- Reasonable knowledge of programming languages. Including the understanding of logic and syntax
- A basic understanding of software testing and concepts
- Ability to learn and adapt
- Attention to detail is a must
- Basic understanding of multiple operating systems
- Ability to solve problems
So what does a Blue Medora Software QA engineer do?
As a software QA engineer at Blue Medora, you will work with the quality assurance team to rigorously test and ensure the highest quality Blue Medora's product can be. Due to the large range of products produced by the company it gives each engineer the opportunity to self-manage, prioritize and execute tasks across each product. Along with the low-level of individual organization, each QA engineer is also given the opportunity to be involved in project planning, and coordination with the rest of the Blue Medora team.
Blue Medora software QA engineers use a vast collection of software testing strategies and methodologies to conduct their work. Primarily, at Blue Medora, the black-box testing methodology is used as most of the unit-testing and code testing is performed by the developers. However, due to our constant interaction and work with the development team, this is not always the case and the QA engineer might be asked to help at a lower level.
The following are some examples of software testing performed at Blue Medora by the QA team:
- Performance testing of software to ensure product robustness and longevity - We may test this by overloading a test system or simulating a dense user environment over a long duration of time
- Build Testing / Acceptance Testing - Ensuring each build of code by the development team is of the highest quality possible before pursuing further testing and Testing robustness of code and code design at a component level
- Component Testing
- System Testing
- Integration Testing
Apart from executing and designing the tests, the QA team often works to develop their own set of tools for test automation. This includes the use of Java, Perl, PHP, Ruby, and many other scripting and programming languages.
Experience with the following technologies will also be beneficial to this position:
- IT Management Platforms such as: IBM Tivoli Monitoring, Oracle enterprise manager, VMWare Vcenter Operations
- Various Operating Systems such as: Linux, Windows, AIX, Solaris, and HPUX
- Citrix XenApp, XenDesktop
- SAP Administration
- Virtualization platforms: VMWare, XenServer, Hyper-V, etc
- Database platforms: Oracle, DB2, MSSQL, etc.
About Blue Medora:
At Blue Medora we create tools for monitoring and managing enterprise hardware and applications. Our developers, QA, and IT collaborate within an Agile framework, but we're not dogmatic about it. We have venture funding, but we have personal lives, too. We also encourage and set aside time for developers to create tooling and applications to improve our workflows.
Posted 1 year ago
Browse Software QA Engineer jobs in Grand Rapids, Michigan: