“Lots of room for growth, free lunch, very good benefits and state of the art workplace!”
BlastOne is a family owned & run business that is growing fast globally and looking for top talent to join our dynamic fast paced family!
What makes us great is phenomenal staff who fit our fantastic culture! We believe in paying well and offering great benefits in order to attract the best talent.
What we do: BlastOne is a leading global manufacturer of Abrasive Blasting and Painting Facilities to a range of different industries.
Hiring fantastic people is our key to growth. We hire top talent who shares our values!
The Role – Technical Project Manager
Reporting to the Manager of Projects, the mission of this role is to take 100% responsibility for managing and delivering large complex projects, from initial design & engineering through to commissioning.
You will need to have a strong Mechanical Engineering aptitude and a Design or Construction Management background and demonstrate extensive experience Project Managing large complex construction/industrial equipment projects.
· Seven (7) years+ in an Industrial/Mechanical/Construction related experience
· At least four (4) years of experience in leading teams with direct reports, including team management, group motivation, discipline, imagination & diplomacy
· Ability to read and interpret blueprints, submittals, specifications, details and job orders
· Complete understanding of cost estimating, budgeting and forecasting
· Master of planning your day and prioritizing your daily tasks
· Working knowledge of Microsoft Office software, including Excel, Word and Outlook and internal operational systems
· Ability to apply basic engineering principles to construction challenges
· Demonstration of leadership training / competency
· Experience in process engineering, documentation, and metal working
· Ability to work in a high-pressure environment
· Ability to rapidly resolve issues and recognize when escalation is necessary
· Flexibility, agility and change management skills
· Excellent customer service
· Ability to participate in customer sales presentations
· A basic knowledge of electric circuits, controllers & pneumatics would be an advantage
· Project Management Institute (PMI) certification is an advantage
· Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or Construction Management is an advantage
The Perks working at BlastOne
· Great family culture with a meaningful mission
· Free lunch every day
· Unlimited time off
· ‘silicon valley’ style world class office (for when working from Columbus office)
· Generous 401k policy
· Industry leading Health Insurance & benefits program
· Global company that is growing at 25%+ per year
· Ability to put your personal stamp on the success of a company
Personality / Core Value Requirements
BlastOne is a unique company. We have a strong, close-knit team of hard working, caring professionals who have a passion for supporting our customers. We are a third-generation family business and we are dedicated to growing for generations to come. To accomplish this, we take great effort to ensure that the members we add to our team will contribute positively to the great culture we already have.
We’re happy – but we spell it HAPIEE which is an acronym for our core values and beliefs:
- H: We’re Humble
- A: We’re Agile – we move and work quickly and are flexible – we change quick
- P: We’re positive, outgoing and Passionate! Our favourite phrase is ‘CAN DO!’
- I: We act with Integrity at all time
- E: We Execute – we do what we say we will do
- E: We always operate with Excellence and with a hard work ethic
About Blast-One International:
Blast-One International is a leading global supplier to the Abrasive Blasting & Protective Coatings Industry. We are a fast growth firm, with a stunning year on year growth rate of over 70% for the last 5 years. BlastOne Industrial Solutions supplies and installs large industrial facilities such as Abrasive Blasting Booths, Spray Painting Booths, Automated Powder coating Lines, Dust Collectors, etc.