“Lots of room for growth, very good benefits and state of the art workplace!”
BlastOne is a family owned & run business that is growing fast globally and looking for top talent to join our dynamic fast paced family!
What makes us great is phenomenal staff who fit our fantastic culture! We believe in paying well and offering great benefits in order to attract the best talent.
What we do: BlastOne is a leading global manufacturer of Abrasive Blasting and Painting Facilities to a range of different industries.
Hiring fantastic people is our key to growth. We hire top talent who shares our values!
This role reports to the Engineering Team Lead. We are looking to add an experienced Solidworks Drafter to our Engineering team. The primary role for this position will be the designing and detailing of blast and coating systems, as well as all associated subsystems, while adhering to our company’s high standards.
Points of responsibility include:
· Design CAD models utilizing field measurements and rough sketches
· Prepare manufacturing detail drawings while adhering to company and industry standards
· Contribute to the continuous improvement of processes within the Engineering department
· Work with vendors to ensure purchased & manufactured component conform to company standards
· Communicate with customers, Project Engineers and Project Managers at all phases of the project to ensure expectations are being met
· Understand the various compliance requirements (i.e. NFPA 33) for our equipment and ensure that our delivered products meet these requirements
· Minimum 3 years’ experience using Solidworks with an emphasis on sheet metal and weldments
· 2-year technical degree in drafting or 4-year Mechanical Engineering degree strongly desired
· This role will be located at our Columbus, OH facility and will require travel up to 15%
· Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings
· Must be highly professional and presentable. Ability and comfortability to meet with customers and inspire their confidence in our team is a must.
· Must be comfortable with multitasking and managing multiple concurrent projects with deadlines.
· Must be able to demonstrate excellent organizational & critical thinking skills
· Must be able to demonstrate ability to effectively communicate at all levels
· Must be completely proficient with basic computer systems: Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, etc.
· Must be able to demonstrate strong attention to detail
· Must be able to demonstrate excellent task and time management skills.
The Perks working at BlastOne
· Great family culture with a meaningful mission
· Flexible time off
· Generous 401k policy
· Industry leading Health Insurance & benefits program
· Ability to put your personal stamp on the success of a company
Personality / Core Value Requirements
BlastOne is a unique company. We have a strong, close-knit team of hard working, caring professionals who have a passion for supporting our customers. We are a third-generation family business and we are dedicated to growing for generations to come. To accomplish this, we take great effort to ensure that the members we add to our team will contribute positively to the great culture we already have.
We’re happy – but we spell it HAPIEE which is an acronym for our core values and beliefs:
- H: Humility
- A: We’re Agile – we move and work quickly and are flexible – we change quick
- P: We’re positive, outgoing and Passionate! Our favorite phrase is ‘CAN DO!’
- I: We act with Integrity at all times
- E: We Execute – we do what we say we will do
- E: We always operate with Excellence and with a hard work ethic
*Please note – we are not accepting applicants from agencies at this time
About Blast-One International:
Blast-One International is a leading global supplier to the Abrasive Blasting & Protective Coatings Industry. BlastOne sells Abrasives and sells and rents Surface Preparation & Painting Equipment. BlastOne Industrial Solutions supplies and installs large industrial facilities such as Abrasive Blasting Booths, Spray Painting Booths, Automated Powdercoating Lines, Dust Collectors, etc.