“Lots of room for growth, free lunch, very good benefits and state of the art workplace!”
BlastOne is fast growth, dynamic, fast paced, rapidly evolving and continuously improving! What makes us great is phenomenal staff who fit our fantastic culture!
With a mission to improve the lives of people, we’re very honored to be ranked amongst the fastest growing private companies in North America (BlastOne was awarded the prestigious ‘Inc. 5000’ award which recognizes the fastest growing private companies in America).
What we do: BlastOne is a leading global supplier to the Corrosion Control and Protective Coatings Industry. BlastOne sells Abrasives and sells and rents Surface Preparation & Painting Equipment.
Hiring fantastic people is our key to growth. We hire top talent who shares our values!
The controller will handle the day to day financial accounting, managerial accounting, and oversee financial activities of the company. As head of the accounting department, the controller will manage and supervise all aspects of accounting from payroll to tax compliance. Will report to chief financial officer, and will assist with development of internal control policies, procedures, and financial planning as needed.
· Manage all aspects of accounting; billing, financial statements, general ledger, cost accounting, payroll, accounts payable, accounts receivable, tax compliance, inventory accounting, revenue recognition, and various special analyses.
· Oversee the month-end close procedures and ensure monthly management reports are prepared in an accurate and timely fashion.
· Support profitable growth of the company by identifying cost reduction opportunities and process deficiencies. Monitor cash and funding balances and report on working capital requirements.
· Oversee the accounts receivable and collections process and ensure all payments from customers are received promptly.
· Ensure that all accounts are properly reconciled and documented on a monthly / quarterly basis.
· Comply with all local, state, and federal laws regarding finances, sales & other tax filings, and reporting.
· Manage a global team of accountants and ensure that all activities are successfully conducted by leveraging the different time zones and costs.
· Maintain documented system of accounting policies and operations. Recommend and maintain an adequate measure of chart of accounts, divisions, and classes.
· Oversee payments of all A/P accounts; ensuring all accounts are paid on time and in a manner optimal with cash management.
· Oversee all payments made for debts, bank loans, and other large quantities of money; prepare reports to banks and other entities as required.
· Keep an organized filing system of all accounts, statements, transactions, payments, and debts
· Prepare monthly/quarterly/annual financial reports for statutory purposes as may be required.
· Organize information and statements for audits and both internal and external auditors
· Define, benchmark and implement operational best practices
· Ensuring company complies with all additional legal and regulatory requirements
· Additional controller duties as needed
· Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, business administration with an emphasis in Accounting, or a related field
· Ideal candidate has 5 to 10 years of experience in field
· Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or Certified Management Accountant (CMA) license preferred.
· Previous experience as a manager or controller a must.
· Excellent computer skills; experience in accounting software and Microsoft Office Suite; Access, database, or other system knowledge
· Proficiency with accounting software and experience with a software system implementation. NetSuite experience a plus.
· Exceptional knowledge of finance, accounting, budgeting, cost accounting and cost control principles, and Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Advanced knowledge of bookkeeping and accounting best practices, laws, standards, and state/national regulations
· Analytical ability to develop and implement improvements or recommendations
· Attention to detail
· Able to work well with senior executives and team, as well as mentor/lead other team members
The Perks working at BlastOne
· Great family culture with a meaningful mission
· Free lunch every day
· Unlimited time off
· ‘Silicon Valley’ style world class office
· Generous 401k policy
· Industry leading Health Insurance & benefits program
· Global company that is growing at 25%+ per year
· Ability to put your personal stamp on the success of a company
Personality / Core Value Requirements
BlastOne is a unique company. We have a strong, close-knit team of hard working, caring professionals who have a passion for supporting our customers. We are a third-generation family business and we are dedicated to growing for generations to come. To accomplish this, we take great effort to ensure that the members we add to our team will contribute positively to the great culture we already have.
We’re happy – but we spell it HAPIEE which is an acronym for our core values and beliefs:
- H: We’re Humble
- A: We’re Agile – we move and work quickly and are flexible – we change quick
- P: We’re positive, outgoing and Passionate! Our favourite phrase is ‘CAN DO!’
- I: We act with Integrity at all time
- E: We Execute – we do what we say we will do
- E: We always operate with Excellence and with a hard work ethic
Blast-One International is a leading global supplier to the Abrasive Blasting & Protective Coatings Industry. We are a fast growth firm, with a stunning year on year growth rate of over 70% for the last 5 years. BlastOne Industrial Solutions supplies and installs large industrial facilities such as Abrasive Blasting Booths, Spray Painting Booths, Automated Powder coating Lines, Dust Collectors, etc.