Contract / .Net Developer
Are You Passionate About Business Information? Looking to make an impact? Enjoy participating in multiple areas of the business? BizNet Software is the place for you!
Recently named to Inc Magazine’s fastest growing privately held software companies, BizNet’s ground-breaking Excel Business Information Suite provides real-time business data directly in Excel. It delivers simple, yet powerful capabilities to anyone who uses spreadsheets to gather and analyze business information. With a growing base of customers in 4 continents and 18 countries, our patent pending technology is being adopted by software publishers and end users globally. CPA Technology Advisor magazine cited BizNet as “Company to watch in 2010 and beyond”.
BizNet is seeking a hands-on, passionate, self-motivated contractor to join our team as a .Net Software Developer. Contract to hire is preferred.
Requirements Analysis – Analyze requirements and identify lower-level hardware/software component requirements.
Software Design - Define product and subcomponent architectures, document and present preliminary detailed design descriptions.
Software Development - Develop desktop applications including, primarily, Microsoft Office Add-ins for Microsoft Office for Excel, in addition, GUI interfaces, server-side applications and system services in structured high-level languages (C#, VB.NET, or equivalent .NET platform language).
Testing - Prepare testing outlines for the quality assurance department as well as assist quality assurance testers. Define unit tests and test plans/procedures.
Support - Assist in training support personnel on use of new/modified applications and assist in trouble-shooting bugs/problems through resolution.
- Intermediate to Expert Microsoft Excel Skills
- Working knowledge of software development for the Microsoft Windows platform
- Working knowledge of Microsoft .NET (C# and/or VB.NET programming languages)
- Software testing knowledge involving the entire software life cycle, including software coding, integration, debugging, and full documentation
- Experience with Scripting or Macro programming languages such as VBA (Visual Basic for Applications, VB Script (Visual Basic Scripting), or Jscript (Java Scripting)
- Working knowledge of Relational Database concepts
- Experience with developing Microsoft .NET applications using C# and/or VB.NET programming languages is a plus
- Prior experience developing .NET Applications for Microsoft Office
- 3 to 5 years of experience and/or a combination of training and experience or a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Information Systems, or Mathematics