Sorry, this job was closed 4 years ago. See all open Systems Administrator Jobs in Washington, District Of Columbia
Systems Administrator (TS/SCI required)
Position Synopsis: Integrate new technologies into new and existing systems, including the transition and migration of corporate systems for the National Ground Intelligence Center (NGIC) Network.
The Systems Administrator will integrate new technologies into new and existing systems, including the transition and migration of corporate systems. The qualified candidate will be required to isolate and resolve hardware and software problems involving applications, operating systems, hardware and infrastructure within the National Ground Intelligence Center (NGIC) Network.
Duties may include setting up administrator and service accounts, maintaining system documentation, tuning system performance, installing system wide software, validating and implementing critical system patches and allocating mass storage space for multiple customer operating systems. The qualified candidate will interact with customer managers and users and may be asked to evaluate multiple vendor products and be involved with making recommendations to purchase hardware and software, coordinate installation and provide backup recovery to customer systems.
The Systems Administrator will also be responsible for reviewing and analyzing complex task statements, standards, specifications and other documentation to determine system administration requirements.
Additional responsibilities may include maintain/troubleshoot customer servers, network devices and workstations both on-site and remotely; install/uninstall computer hardware components to include internal and peripheral devices, memory chips, video cards, hard drives, printers, network interface cards, media converters and other peripheral devices.
- A minimum of five years relevant technical experience in isolating and resolving complex hardware and software problems involving the application, the operating system, the hardware, the communication infrastructure.
- Manage patches for OS and installed products.
- Backup/restore products and techniques.
- Technologies: Microsoft, Solaris, Linux, VMWare, FoundryOS, NetApp, Cisco IOS and Access Control Server (ACS)
- Server Experience: IBM, HP, Dell, Sun, Network Appliance
- Hardware Experience: Workstation/Laptops HP, Silicon Graphics, Sun, Dell, Acer, Apple, Compaq, Canon, Panasonic, IBM
- Knowledge of ISO-certified, CMMI level-3 best practices, design, and development processes are desired.
- Familiarity with DISA STIGS and other relevant DoD system compliance
- Certification in server and storage hardware is a plus.
One or more of the following:
- Security +
- A Master’s Degree in (Information systems, Computer Science, Math, or Engineering)
- Three years of relevant technical experience may be substituted for Bachelor’s Degree and an additional two years of relevant technical experience may be substituted for the Master’s Degree requirement.
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Top Secret/Sensitive Compartmented Information (TS/SCI)
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: n/a
Potential for Teleworking: No
Relocation Assistance: No
Requisition #: BITC-2012-DAG-005
About BIT Consultants, LLC:
Bailey Information Technology Consultants, LLC is an 8(a), Service-disabled Veteran-owned Business specializing in Information Technology, Intelligence Surveillance Reconnaissance, Business Management, and Logistics and Supply Management.
Bailey Information Technology Consultants, LLC. is an Equal Opportunity employer does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, disability or any another basis prohibited by applicable law. We invite you to explore our featured career opportunities. Providing a work environment that is free from harassment and promotes equality is a priority at BIT Consultants .We are always seeking talented professionals with experience, subject matter expertise, a strong work ethic and a commitment to excellence.
Posted date: 4 years ago
Browse Systems Administrator jobs in Washington, D.C.:
Systems Administrator Windows NEW!
Apex Systems in Washington, DC
Posted 13 hours ago on ZipRecruiter
Senior Systems Administrator
TeamGOV, INC. in Washington, DC
Posted 3 days ago on ZipRecruiter
Windows Systems Administrator (NOC) - 1277
PeopleCom in Washington, DC
Posted 3 days ago on ZipRecruiter