Sorry, this job was closed 4 years ago. See all open Engineer Jobs in Washington, DC
Remedy Engineer/Architect (Secret clearance required)
The Remedy Engineer/Architect enhances the pilot architecture and CONOPS; and, that supports deployable wireless communications; establishes system information requirements using analysis of the information engineer(s) in the development of enterprise-wide or large scale information systems; and/or oversees wireless architecture to include the software, hardware, and communications to support the total requirements as well as provide for present and future cross functional requirements and interfaces; ensures systems are compatible and in compliance with the Wireless Management Office’s policies and strategic direction; evaluates analytically and systematically problems of work flows, organization and planning and develops appropriate corrective action. In addition, provides daily supervision and direction to staff.
Bachelors degree in an engineering/ technical discipline from an accredited college in a related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education, with 20 years or more of professional experience; or 18 years of professional experience with a related Masters degree; or 15 years of professional experience with a related PhD or JD; or 9 years of professional experience with a MD. Viewed as the most senior authority in discipline.
- Design, develop, configure, and implement applications, specific to Remedy 7.1 or higher. This also includes executing migrations and ensuring integrations are functioning properly.
- Troubleshoot defects and perform system analysis to provide a means for solving technical and business-related problems/challenges or implement code-based performance improvements.
- Maintain and apply Remedy licenses and keys.
- Collaborates with customers to ascertain system specifications and business/technical requirements to create spec documents that meet their needs.
- Work directly with IT personnel to discuss changes and challenges with data on internal applications.
- Create workflow objects for approved customization and RFEs and develop requirements documents based on approved RFEs/RFCs.
- Advises management in the development of short/long-term information technology strategies from both a technical and/or business perspective.
- Prepares and present project reports for management, client, and others.
- Facilitate and coordinate end user acceptance testing, change management, issue management, problem escalation and resolution.
- Responsible for completion of all required Change Management tasks and relevant SOX control requirements.
- Utilize industry accepted project management principles, methodologies, tools, and best practices throughout the project life cycle.
- Acquire and utilizes business knowledge by taking advantage of available resources (internet, books, periodicals, classes/workshops, conferences, etc.) to develop and foster business expertise solutions.
- 5+ years experience in Information Technology, specific to application development and support is required.
- 5+ years experience supporting Remedy is required.
- A minimum of 1 year experience supporting Remedy 7.1 or higher is required.
- A minimum of 1 year experience supporting Remedy 7.1 or higher Asset Management and Change Management is preferred.
- SQL Server database and report programming experience is preferred.
- Strong working knowledge of Service Request Management and ADDM is a plus.
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: n/a
Potential for Teleworking: No
Relocation Assistance: No
Requisition #: BITC-2012-ITN-024
About BIT Consultants, LLC:
Bailey Information Technology Consultants, LLC is an 8(a), Service-disabled Veteran-owned Business specializing in Information Technology, Intelligence Surveillance Reconnaissance, Business Management, and Logistics and Supply Management.
Bailey Information Technology Consultants, LLC. is an Equal Opportunity employer does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, disability or any another basis prohibited by applicable law. We invite you to explore our featured career opportunities. Providing a work environment that is free from harassment and promotes equality is a priority at BIT Consultants .We are always seeking talented professionals with experience, subject matter expertise, a strong work ethic and a commitment to excellence.
Posted date: 4 years ago
Browse Engineer jobs in Washington, D.C.: