Bailey Information Technology Consultants, LLC is currently seeking a qualified Network Engineer at Schofield Barracks in Honolulu, HI.
Position Synopsis: Support the G2 Army Military Intelligence Enterprise which provides IT repair, maintenance, operations, logistics, and engineering services to ensure secure, reliable, and uninterrupted availability of the Army Military Intelligence IT Systems.
The Network Engineer will be responsible for the design and planning of network communication systems and integration of new technologies into local and wide area networks. The qualified candidate will perform configuration changes to increase network coverage; provide technical support to assist in the resolution of faults; and analyze and rectify faults on the network to meet defined service levels.
The Network Engineer will be responsible for the transition and migration of networks and layout of the network address schemes. The qualified candidate will provide troubleshooting and problem resolution of network problems, engineering support for root-cause analysis of network problems and additional support tasks to ensure network availability.EXPERIENCE/QUALIFICATIONS:
- A minimum of three years relevant technical experience in network engineering activities such as the design and integration of local and wide area networks and the configuration and problem isolation of networks.
- Experience in a related field with a broad range of assignments in technical tasks directly related to overall network operations.
- Experience and working knowledge of storage area networks and network attached storage.
- Experience and operational understanding of network monitoring and management tools including the IBM NetCool suite, Concord eHealth, and TrapExploder for SNMP traffic.
- Technologies: Routers/Switches/Network Interface Cards: Juniper, Rad Data, Telco, Cisco, D-Link, Linksys, Alvarion, F5 networks, ApplianSys, Avocent, Cybex, KVM Switch, Foundry, Catalyst, Allied Telesyn, HP, Riverbed, Canoga Perkins, Black Box, Marconi, Lucent
MINIMUM CERTIFICATION REQUIREMENTS:
- Understanding of Computer Network Defense hardware, software, and procedures is desired.
- Experience with: Security related knowledge of LAN/WAN, VLAN’s, VoiP, RIP, OSPD, AAA/TACACS, EIGRP, and Juniper and Cisco ACL’s.
- Experience and working knowledge of Cisco routers, switches, multiservice platforms, security appliances, firewalls/VPNs.
- Experience with shared storage via SANs and NASs (HP and EMC).
- Building and troubleshooting Secure computing (TSP, Sidewinder) and Cisco ASA Firewalls and security related products (e.g., VPN’s and IDS’s).
Must be DOD 8570 IAT II or III compliant.
- A Bachelor's Degree in (Information systems, Computer Science, Math, or Engineering)
- Three years of relevant technical experience may be substituted for Bachelor’s Degree.
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Top Secret/Sensitive Compartmented Information (TS/SCI)
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: n/a
Potential for Teleworking: No
Relocation Assistance: No
Requisition #: BITC-2013-DAG-039
About BIT Consultants, LLC:
Bailey Information Technology Consultants, LLC is an 8(a), Service-disabled Veteran-owned Business specializing in Information Technology, Intelligence Surveillance Reconnaissance, Business Management, and Logistics and Supply Management.
Bailey Information Technology Consultants, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity employer does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, disability or any another basis prohibited by applicable law. We invite you to explore our featured career opportunities. Providing a work environment that is free from harassment and promotes equality is a priority at BIT Consultants .We are always seeking talented professionals with experience, subject matter expertise, a strong work ethic and a commitment to excellence.
Posted 3 years ago