Senior Support Consultants are responsible for traditional Level 1 and Level 2 Support including handling customer calls and emails, “interviewing” customers to gather pertinent information, initial triage, root cause analysis, as well as responding to service requests. They are expected to understand Binary Tree’s products as well as the customer’s messaging environment, answer customer questions, diagnose environmental issues, and escalate defects to the appropriate team members to ensure a quality customer experience. They are expected to work effectively with little-to-no management oversight.
The ideal candidate will have a passion for resolving customer issues and a desire to get customers to “love” Binary Tree, while following Binary Tree best practices.
• Develop and maintain an in-depth working knowledge of Binary Tree (BT) products.
• Interview end users to collect information about potential defects, as well as lead the user through diagnostic procedures to determine the source of an issue.
• Recommend or perform actions to resolve customer issues.
• Reproduce customer errors in lab environment, document defects and Known Limitations (using Binary Tree’s Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system), and communicate same to development or QA team.
• Refer customers to appropriate information sources for experienced problems, including knowledgebase articles or product documentation.
• Monitor the customer support queue, respond to customer inquiries, keep customers informed of their issue status, and ensure Binary Tree meets its Service Level Agreements (SLAs).
• Provide advanced training and support (i.e., Quick Starts, and other offering programs).
• Provide license keys and down instructions to customers, when appropriate.
• Participate in On Call weekend rotation (once every six weeks).
• Expected to take the initiative with regard to self-education, anticipating customer needs, problem solving, and using sound judgment for escalating issues to ensure customer satisfaction.
Prior experience and specialized or technical knowledge (a must):
In order to effectively perform in this position, an employee should have previous experience, ideally with increasing responsibility, including:
• Minimum 2 to 4 years’ experience, in a customer service role.
• Demonstrated problem solving and troubleshooting experience/abilities.
• Thorough understanding of web-based technologies and applications and Windows.
• Extensive knowledge and experience with Microsoft Exchange and Active Directory (AD) configuration and administration, including:
o Deployment and troubleshooting of Microsoft 2003, 2007 and 2010, including Outlook client configuration. Experience with Exchange upgrades. Understanding of 2013 a plus.
o Knowledge of Exchange mail routing, Auto-discover concepts and Availability Services
o Knowledge of AD schema and objects
o Familiarity with PowerShell… the more the better.
o Familiarity with DNS, Networking and security. Microsoft Exchange certifications a strong plus.
• Ability to work independently, in a fast-paced, team environment.
• Strong communication skills, in English, both verbally and in writing.
About Binary Tree:
Binary Tree is the leading provider of messaging and collaboration migration software solutions for the Microsoft platform in the cloud, on-premises, or in hybrid environments. Our technology mitigates the risks associated with large-scale IT changes, resulting in successful projects with high customer satisfaction and return on investment.