“BGW provides business advisory and certified public accounting services. We are a family oriented CPA firm.”
BGW CPA, PLLC is a Charlotte based CPA firm and is looking for a Tax Manager candidate to run its Myrtle Beach location, with the potential to run future offices in the Grand Strand / Low Country region. We are looking for a Tax Manager with at least 5 years of public accounting experience and is CPA certified. The candidate should have strong business tax background, along with working knowledge of the other services a CPA firm typically offers (e.g. attest, book keeping, value-added consulting) and a willingness to learn.
Start date would be Fall of 2020.
Summary of Responsibilities
Is given a wide variety of diversified accounting, advisory, and tax assignments, often with little to no supervision . Performance is judged based on the quality of work, application of accounting knowledge, ability to manage staff consistent with BGW Core Values, ability to keep clients’ expectations met or exceeded, and ability to meet time constraints.
· Excels at soft skills associated with Staff Accountant, Senior Accountant Job Descriptions.
· Ability to train, mentor, and supervise new staff.
· Manages day-to-day client relationships including timely billing and collections and takes the lead role in routine tax planning, accounting advisory, business advisory, and attestation planning and compliance. Meets or exceeds Senior Accountant compliance project management functions.
· Demonstrates time management skills by meeting client deadlines, responsiveness to client and internal requests, participation in firm leadership, balance at home, etc.
· Ability to effectively communicate advisory skills to both the client and the internal project team.
For tax engagements
· Mastery of Senior Accountant tax skills.
· Ability to effectively research and consult with team members and the client on matters that fall outside of the practitioner's traditional experience (e.g. foreign income, captive insurance, book / tax accounting differences in revenue / expense recognition, cost segregation).
· Basic understanding of differences in GAAP and tax deduction, revenue recognition, etc. Understanding of financial statement processes and procedures for audits, reviews, and compilations.
Education, Experience, and Skills Required
· Bachelor’s degree in accounting or master’s degree in accounting.
· 5+ years of experience in accounting.
· Minimum of 40 hours of continuing professional education is required each year.
· Well-rounded knowledge of accounting principles and personal income taxes.
· Ability to communicate clearly and concisely in English.
· Holds a valid CPA license.
For more information and to apply for this position please visit our website at https://www.trustbgw.com/about/careers/
About BGW CPA, PLLC:
BGW CPA, PLLC provides business advisory and certified public accounting services to support growth in the value of private, closely held businesses.
Our mission is simple: We will help you achieve your goals, whatever they are. Our dedicated team and proprietary service delivery process are designed to help you take your business, and your life, anywhere you want it to go. Quality, integrity, responsiveness, and uncompromising professionalism are our core values.