“Excellent company and benefits, growing domestically and internationally, and exciting future and opportunities.”
The BRS Technical Leader, Deboning is charged with the responsibility, and is accountable for the day-to-day service and maintenance activities, involving customer-owned equipment, as directed by the Service Manager. He or she will be responsible and accountable for maintaining and providing field services as prescribed by Company policies and objectives.
The duties & responsibilities of the BRS Technical Leader, Deboning include, but are not necessarily limited to the following:
A. POLICY OBSERVANCE
· To perform the customer field service and maintenance activities within well-defined policies, directives, and procedures under the direct supervision of the Service Manager.
B. FIELD SERVICE FUNCTION
· To work closely with, and under the direction of, the Service Manager in setting up and conducting the customer field service function of the Company. To lead to the technical pre-installation team and to be the primary technical point of contact with Mayekawa.
C. SERVICE MANUALS
· To develop and lead training on installation of nada and creating a training program for certification. To instruct and assist customer personnel in the use of all service and maintenance manuals furnished to customers.
D. CUSTOMER SERVICE TRAINING
· To conduct training meetings with customers' appropriate personnel so that they can adequately perform the routine maintenance and service work themselves without impairment to the functional utilization of the products.
E. CUSTOMER SERVICE CALLS
· To be the technical point of contact for both the customer and vendor leading up to installation acting as a Project Manager. To perform service and repair work for customers in the field as instructed by the Service Manager. All time and expenses are to be turned in to the Service Manager for appropriate customer billing. To act as phone support contact.
F. PRODUCT QUALITY
· Bettcher Industries is committed to "Quality without Compromise" and it is expected that each employee will share this commitment. Systems are in place, both in-house and for field personnel, to report any deviation from our high quality standards, and these procedures should be followed at all times in a prompt and concise manner.
G. REPLACEMENT PARTS STATISTICS
· To analyze parts purchases to determine whether customers are experiencing excessive parts costs or have stopped using equipment, and report such findings to the Service Manager.
H. REPLACEMENT PARTS LIFE EXPECTANCY
· To assist the Service Manager in compiling information and data that could be used to establish life expectancy of critical and relatively high dollar value parts.
· To calculate average parts costs based on calendar periods in an effort to assist customers in the evaluation and effectiveness of maintenance.
I. DEFECTIVE PARTS RETURNED BY CUSTOMER
· To investigate any problems in the field, and report to the Service Manager suggested causes of defective and/or malfunctioning parts.
J. MACHINES IN THE FIELD
· To inspect and report condition of any machines in the field, as requested, by written inspection report for each machine inspected.
K. SALES ASSISTANCE
· To assist in creating nada service agreements. To cooperate and assist field salesmen, as requested by the Service Manager, in demonstrating products to potential customers.
L. PRODUCT ENGINEERING
· To bring to the attention of the Service Manager any pertinent information or data arising during the course of his work that could be of value in possible functional improvements to products. This should be done through use of written reports, photos and/or sketches.
M. SALES EFFORT SUPPORT
· To lead, manage, and administer service agreements and field service work for deboning equipment. To provide feedback to Sales Manager regarding field observations and customer comments which may lead to additional sales.
N. CUSTOMER SERVICE COMPLAINTS
· To report promptly to the Service Manager on any customer service complaints.
O. SERVICE AND MAINTENANCE HISTORY LOG
· To assist in the use and maintenance of chronological files of customer service history by prompt written reports to the Service Manager. To check and adjust recommended spare parts list for specified service intervals.
· Associates Degree in a Technical or Business concentration.
· PLC programming and installation experience
· 5 years of progressive experience in field service, assembly or sales support/customer service;
· Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
· Knowledge of Bettcher Industries’ products and customers
· Good organization and report writing skills
· Travel required throughout the USA which includes nights, weekends, and overtime.
Behave Ethically: Understand ethical behavior and business practices, and ensure that own behavior and the behavior of others is consistent with these standards and aligns with the values of the organization.
Communicate Effectively: Speak, listen and write in a clear, thorough and timely manner using appropriate and effective communication tools and techniques.
Creativity/Innovation: Develop new and unique ways to improve function efficiency and performance.
Foster Teamwork: Work cooperatively and effectively with others to set goals, resolve problems, and make decisions that enhance process effectiveness.
Organize: Set priorities, develop a work schedule, monitor progress towards goals, and track details/data/information/activities.
Plan: Set goals, create and implement actions plans, and evaluate the process and results.
Solve Problems: Assess problem situations to identify causes, gather and process relevant information, generate possible solutions, and make recommendations to manager.
Bettcher Industries is a leading developer and manufacturer of innovative precision cutting and trimming tools for the food processing and industrial manufacturing sectors. The company also manufactures food preparation equipment for restaurants and commercial kitchens in the foodservice industry.
Gainco, a subsidiary of Bettcher Industries, provides engineered systems and solutions that improve product yields, quality and safety based on measuring, reporting and optimizing food processing operations. Our technologically advanced systems deliver accurate, real-time data and insights that drive product quality, labor savings, and process line improvements.
Exsurco, also a subsidiary of Bettcher Industries, engineers high precision products for both the healthcare and tissue bank professional. Our products allow these professionals to work with ease, efficiency and compassion. We are dedicated to working together with this community of professionals who are advancing the healing power of skin to patients who need it the most.