Berean Group is seeking a Windows Systems Administrator III
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Duration: Contract to Hire
Shift Day / Swing / Grave / On-call
Primary Job Responsibilities:
The Windows Systems Administrator (SA3)will monitor and maintain systems in 24x7 highly-available production environments. The ideal candidate will be self-motivated and articulate, familiar with Microsoft operating systems, Win NT, 2K and 2K3, related software technologies, and have a proven history of using administrative tools and automating routine administration tasks. Day-to-day responsibilities include:
· Must be able to work independently to troubleshoot, perform root cause analysis, identify and isolate technical issues.
· Must be willing to take ownership of the issue analysis and resolution efforts and commit to "doing what it takes" to resolve technical issues regardless of the effort or timeframe required.
· Training as necessary for production, QA & development environments.
· 5+ years overall experience with at least the last 2 years focused on providing technical support across a broad range of Microsoft technologies
· Mentor SA1 & SA2: thought leadership and setting positive examples
· Capable of performing design, test and implementation of complex technical solutions and architecture
· Work on system initiatives and new projects
· Write scripts for monitoring systems and critical applications, and integrating into a centralized event console
· Work with external vendors/consultants to diagnose complex problems and drive resolution
· Resolve errors and alarms quickly and provide timely escalation
· Supporting process improvements
· Full-time position with on-call duties
· 6+ years work experience as Windows Server Administrator
· Must have experience implementing and managing 75+ server environments (with server-class hardware & peripherals)
· Understanding of and experience with Microsoft operating systems, Active Directory & Domain architecture, NTFS permissions, WINS, DNS, OS security, and systems patching
· Experience with Exchange 2000 and 2003
· Practical understanding of networking - routing, subnets, UDP, TCP, IP, & VLANs
· Understanding and experience with Exchange 2000 and 2003
· Must have scripting skills - PERL, batch, shell and/or VB
· Must have experience with using systems monitoring software (e.g. Microsoft Operations Manager)
· Must have strong communication skills and ability to work individually, within a team, with other groups and with customers.
· Must have ability to communicate complex technical problems concisely and professionally to technical and non-technical audiences.
· Experience working in a multi-server environment is required with knowledge of clustering technologies and strategies.
· Previous experience with providing support for remotely connected customers and the associated technologies (e.g., Citrix, Cisco PIX) is required.
· Understanding of or experience supporting web servers
· Understanding of or experience with backup software and recovery strategies
· Understanding of or experience with NAS and/or SAN
Not Required, but Preferred:
· Understanding of or experience supporting .NET application
· Understanding of or experience with virtual environments
Physical requirements include:
· Lifting up to 75Lbs as required, ability to relocate and move servers and network equipment.
· Ability to bend, stretch, kneel to perform cable management. This requires tedious detail to properly install, label and appropriately route network cables. Must adhere to datacenter cabling guidelines.
· Moves / Adds / Changes – moves of computers when necessary.
· Individuals must be able to physically lift, bend, and crawl under desks
Bachelors in an engineering discipline, or Technical certification in Win NT or Win 2K/2K3, or equivalent work experience. Microsoft certifications are highly desirable
Posted 4 years ago