erean Group is seeking a Senior Telecom Engineer IILocation:
Las Vegas, NVDuration:
3-6 Months Contract to hire w/potential to go permanentShift:
Day/Swing/Grave/On CallMust be US Citizen or Green card holderJob description
The Sr. Telecom Engineer Support will support and maintain complex telecom environment for areas of focus include but are not limited to: network planning and development, voice systems enhancement, and performance. Plans and oversees projects and manages vendors. Support 24x7 call center and internal telecom solutions.Specific responsibilities include:
- Provide technical support of Client?s telecom environment which includes Avaya PBX, Communication Manager, Modular Messaging, CMS, AES, Media Gateways, Circuits, MUX?s, Conversant, Voice Portal, Predictive Dialer and voice recording systems.
- Support the installation, configuration, maintenance and monitoring of telecom equipment and the integration of voice and data hardware and software with current and future developed applications/technology platforms.
- Proactively monitor, troubleshoot and resolve issues by working daily, weekly, monthly checklists/system health checks.
- Evaluate performance and capacity of environment to determine required configuration changes, upgrades and feasibility of expanding or enhancing telecom operations.
- Publish performance, availability and capacity reports.
- Interact with all carriers and voice product vendors to insure adequate service, support, and maintenance.
- Monitor and maintain equipment to insure non-interruption of service. Report any performance issues or outages to management.
- Liaison with other departments and organizations. This would include issues involving proper system use, special requirements, and/or training needs.
- Install, label, terminate, test and maintain all necessary cabling and inside plant equipment for voice systems.
- Install, move and maintain all voice equipment as required within corporate headquarters and the data center.
- Support Adds Moves and Changes.
- Perform user maintenance for System Access, ACD Agents, Voice Mail, and other related systems including prompt removal of users from systems as employees leave the company.
- Develop and maintain accurate documentation for equipment, wiring plant, call flows and other voice environment peripherals.
- Perform routine maintenance such as patching, software and firmware updates and backups for all telecom systems. Includes: CM, MAS, MSS, CMS, AES, IVR and firmware updates for all circuit packs within the media gateways
- Review telephone bills for accuracy and coordinate any adjustments that may be due.
- Integrate call accounting software and maintain data integrity of CDR data records.
- Publish call performance metric reports.
- Other projects/duties as assigned.
- On-call rotation.
Physical requirements include:
- Extensive knowledge of voice or data communications technology normally attained through a minimum of five years in communications assignments, including three years in project management assignments necessary.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Must possess strong problem resolution skills.
- Excellent communication and documentation skills.
- Ability to make knowledgeable decisions.
- Strong work ethic and organized work habits.
- Ability to interface well with business and vendors.
- Call Center and IVR experience, IVR voicexml knowledge is preferable.
- Dialer experience in a call center environment, Mosaix Dialer experiences a plus.
- Experience with CTI interfaces and data exchange in a call center environment.
- Knowledge and skills for installing and managing inside plant wiring and integration of both IP and TDM equipment.
- Voice communication engineering experience including TDM, VOIP, SIP, H3.23, QOS, Encryption,Trunk Signaling.
- Experience evaluating and designing dial plans, coverage paths, DTC call paths, Automated Routing Service, COS, Vector logic etc.
- Foster company success through a professional appearance, being courteous to customers & vendors, and by having a positive attitude.
- Experience with integration of voice systems and peripherals including CTI, AES, TSAPI, IVR and PDS systems.
- Lifting up to 75Lbs as required, ability to relocate and move servers and telephony equipment.
- Ability to bend, stretch, kneel to perform cable management. This requires tedious detail to properly install, label and appropriately route network cables. Must adhere to datacenter cabling guidelines.
- Moves / Adds / Changes ? moves of desk phones.
- Individuals must be able to physically lift, bend, and crawl under desks.
Bachelor degree with major or minor in Computer Science, Telecommunications, or related field or equivalent 5 year experience required.