Berean Group is seeking a Oracle DBA – with Exadata experience
Location: Westbrook, ME
Duration: Temp to Hire
Oracle DBA – with Exadata experience
JOB SUMMARY: EXADATA EXPERIENCE REQUIRED. Manages and maintains production databases supporting business operations, including configuration, maintenance, access and security. Coordinates with development team in database design, and configures and tunes databases to meet business needs. Ensures database data recovery, maintenance, data integrity and space requirements are met through creating, implementing and monitoring database management policies, procedures and standards. Coordinates with DBA team to ensure effective enterprise data management.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Manages and maintains databases supporting business operations, including configuration, maintenance, access and security.
• Supports business database users, ensuring control, integrity and accessibility of data. Answers questions and resolves problems, contacting vendor support when necessary and ensuring customer satisfaction.
• Coordinates with development team in database design, and configures and tunes databases to meet business needs.
• Monitors database performance, identifying problems and implementing solutions; ensures databases are running at optimum speed and efficiency. Reorganizes database structures as needed. Automates procedures at regular intervals; uses tools to reorganize or defragment database table spaces, tables and indexes; provides efficient database environment to maximize productivity and improve performance.
• Develops, implements and maintains database backup and recovery strategy and procedures. Responds to database problems and supports recovery from data loss.
• Installs and upgrades databases and related products. Keeps databases at current release and maintenance levels; installs supporting products; and provides current, stable production and development environments.
• Ensures databases have sufficient space and capacity to meet business needs. Monitors file system space, database allocation and other storage metrics. Verifies efficient use of disk storage. Reclaims dead space, optimizes space allocation and avoids out-of-space conditions.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline or equivalent combination of education and experience required.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Supports production databases of highest complexity which are critical to the business.
• Ability to solve complex data problems which may span many systems, environments, and disk types.
• Thorough understanding of relational database model and solid theoretical knowledge of relational database techniques; ability to see big picture and conceptualize and document creative solutions.
• Experience with clustered databases on Oracle RAC.
• Experience with Oracle RMAN for database backup/recovery.
• Experience with ASM, Automatic Storage Management.
• Experience with centralized DBA management
• Full knowledge of SQL, including programming and ways to optimize SQL
• Typically 5-7 years or more hands-on related experience.
• Good verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
• Extensive sitting, phone and computer use.
• Ability to communicate verbally on phone and in person.
• Fluency in the English language.
• Weekend hours and weekday overtime may be required.
• Some travel may be required.
• General office environment.
• Normal office noise level, with occasional moderate noise.