Sorry, this job was closed 3 months ago. See all open Chief Development Officer Jobs in Rocky River, OH
“We are a small nonprofit with an entrepreneurial spirit and great health benefits.”
In addition to your resume, please email a cover letter stating why you want to work for because I said I would and what skills you have related to this job description that makes you are a great fit for the position. Your salary history must be included in the cover letter. APPLICATIONS WITHOUT A COVER LETTER WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
Role and Responsibilities
Reporting to the Founder & CEO, the Chief Development Officer serves as a key leadership team member and an active participant in making strategic decisions for because I said I would. In partnership with the Founder, this position is responsible for board development, all fundraising and development activities. The successful candidate will help forge new relationships to build because I said I would’s visibility, impact, and financial resources. The Chief Development Officer will design and implement a comprehensive plan for developing key external alliances by cultivating individual and philanthropic support.
The Chief Development Officer will have primary responsibility for establishing and implementing the foundation needed to grow a 2 million in funding through the solicitation of major gifts, federal and state grants, special events, and corporate and foundation support.
This position will diversify because I said I would funding sources and work closely with other team members to secure funding for new initiatives. In addition, the Chief Development Officer will work closely with the board of directors and support board members as they take on a more active fundraising role.
It is expected that the amount raised by because I said I would will increase in future years as the Chief Development Officer systematically and effectively strengthens the organization's overall fundraising capacity.
• Actively work with the Executive Leadership Team to develop and implement a comprehensive development strategy to include corporate, foundation, government grants, etc.
• Build relationships with corporation and major donors according to a fundraising process
• Recruit candidates for board of directors’ positions and manage board related processes and programs
• Create fundraising programs that can be executed by Chapter member in geographically distributed areas.
• Establish a grant writing process, write grants to support our chapter program and character education programming.
• Act as an internal consultant for all charitable program to recommend improvements to increase impact an make it easier to secure funding for programs
• Collaborate with the Founder to develop and implement because I said I would’s financial strategy
• Create detailed financial forecasts to help position because I said I would ahead of major funding changes or trends
• Monitor all donor information; provide and present statistical analysis to Board and Executive Leadership Team Develop and implement a stewardship program aimed at cultivating deeper ties with donors
• Manage and influence employees, volunteers and stakeholders
Qualifications and Education Requirements
• Bachelor's degree required, Master's preferred
• +7 years of professional experience in a nonprofit organization; demonstrated success in a development function (managing and forging relationships with multiple donor sources)
• CFRE certification is a plus.
• Tangible experience of having expanded and cultivated existing donor relationships over time
• Excellent communication skills, both written and oral; ability to influence and engage a wide range of donors and build long-term relationships
• Strong organizational skills
• Flexible and adaptable style; a leader who can positively impact both strategic and tactical fundraising initiatives
• Ability to work both independently without close oversight, but also a team player who will productively engage with others at varying levels of seniority within and outside because I said I would
• High energy and passion for because I said I would’s mission is essential
• Ability to construct, articulate, and implement annual strategic development plan
• Strong organizational and time management skills with exceptional attention to detail
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• A professional and resourceful style; the ability to work independently and as a team player, to take initiative, and to manage multiple tasks and projects at a time
• Experience in fundraising through a chapter based non-profit.
• Development experience in a young non-profit.
Because I said I would is a growing nonprofit organization. Our mission is to better humanity through the importance of a promise. We only hire individuals that can make and keep their promises.
Applications will be accepted until position is filled.
Because I said I would is a social movement and 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization dedicated to the betterment of humanity through promises made and kept. We created the Promise Card to inspire others to keep their promises, but the movement has grown into something far greater than its origin. Our programs bridge the gap between intention and action through:
* Character Education programming for school-aged children
* Local chapters of Adult and High School volunteer teams
* Awareness campaigns with global reach
Company address: 20525 Center Ridge Rd Suite 500 Rocky River, OH 44116
Posted date: 3 months ago
Browse Chief Development Officer jobs in Rocky River OH USA:
Domestic Violence & Child Advocacy Center in Cleveland, OH
Posted 15 days ago on ZipRecruiter
YMCA of Greater Cleveland in Cleveland, OH
Posted 5 days ago on ZipRecruiter
Vossloh North America in Cleveland, OH
Posted 7 days ago on ZipRecruiter