Your feedback helps keep ZipRecruiter safe.
Learn more about how to recognize common online scams
“BBI is a dynamic, innovative, growing company that values our team by encouraging a creative and collaborative work environment.”
Experienced and savvy transportation professional need to deliver excellence to BBI’s customers and transportation network. Subject matter expert with strong knowledge of industry across all modes, as well as experience with wide customer base including Mass, Retail, Food, Drug and .com. Ability to lead and drive timely and efficient execution of transportation operations. Position my be in our Hauppauge, NY/NJ, Memphis locations or may work remotely.
· Responsible to manage the transportation spend across all modes, facilities, and business units
· Create and enforce the guidelines for the company’s various stakeholders to utilize transportation services to optimize mode and carrier mix
· Trusted advisor to executive team to help inform policy decisions that affect the strategic direction of BBI
· Collaborate and partner with internal stakeholders to ensure door to dock order fulfillment
· Create, adapt, and own all relationships to transportation providers, both direct to carriers and broker service providers
· Validate, track, and report on transportation spend. Manage budgetary process for transportation
· Drive process and cost improvements
· Ensure KPI’s for customers are supported and delivered
· Work with Vendor Compliance team to ensure overall service and expectations are met
· Responsible for staying current and updating internal personnel and external business partners on all transportation regulation changes and pending legislation changes
· Remains knowledgeable of industry Best Practices, new trends and technologies, for application in BBI’s Transportation network.
· Must have superior communication skills; verbal, written and interpersonal skills; able to listen effectively to solve problems, anticipate issues, consider multiple data sources, and make effective decisions with the appropriate level of urgency.
· Possess the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously while meeting deadlines consistently.
· Ability to work collaboratively with internal teams, business partners and clients with dignity and respect
· Working knowledge of TMS applications and other ancillary transportation systems
· Maintains the highest level of customer service, creating solutions and experiences that drive business results and engagement with the brand.
· Passion, dedication and drive.
· Detail oriented and self-motivated individual able to function effectively when working independently or in a team.
· Experience leading meetings preferred.
· Ability to deal with high level of ambiguity and operate in a fast-paced culture
· Maintains poise and a positive attitude in a challenging environment
· Other duties as assigned
· 4 Year degree in business management, logistics, supply chain
· 3+ years’ leadership experience in a distribution and transportation environment, including budget creation and management
· 3 – 5 years industry experience minimum. Small Parcel, LTL & FTL transportation experience required.
· Proven results in Distribution/Transportation process improvement.
Beauty by Imagination (“BBI”) is one of the leading manufacturers of beauty products. BBI develops some of the industry’s most recognizable and innovative brands and products such as Goody, WetBrush, Bio Ionic, Ouidad, Solano and Ace. These brands promise quality and innovation to provide beautiful results to professionals and consumers alike.
Beauty by Imagination, BBI, is a privately-held Company based in both the NY Metro and Atlanta, Georgia region. BBI is a holding of Acon Investments, LLC., a private equity firm based in Washington, D.C. BBI is a company with an entrepreneurial spirit and a corporate history. BBI has had significant growth both organically and thru M&A activity and continues to look for strategic opportunities to grow the brand portfolio.