Sorry, this job was closed 3 years ago. See all open Systems Administrator Jobs in Linthicum Heights, MD
Associate System Administrator
basys, inc. combines renowned industry experience and visionary technology to develop employee benefit administration solutions that are second to none. Our technology and services professionals have a passion for solving complex problems and deliver high-value, next-generation applications to benefit plan administrators.
The Associate System Administrator is part of the team responsible for building and maintaining a robust environment to support our proprietary applications. This environment includes our internal infrastructure, our hosted environment and the support over 50 external customers using our applications. This is an entry-level role. A successful Associate System Administrator is a highly motivated individual with a strong desire to learn and robust trouble shooting skills. The Associate System Administrator is a strong team player who understands the urgent needs of the customer.
- Assist Sr. System Administrators to install new / rebuild existing servers and configure hardware, peripherals, services, settings, directories, storage, etc. in accordance with standards and project/operational requirements
- Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled job such as backups
- Provide internal desktop and component support. Use tools and systems to deploy Windows and desktop application software to our staff that are both onsite and remote
- Provide first line software support for our internal users
- Assist Sr. System Administrators to apply Operating System patches and upgrades on a regular basis, and upgrade administrative tools and utilities. Configure / add new services as necessary
- Investigate, analyze, and troubleshoot technical issues
- Monitor system performance and assure we are reaching optimal results
- Take initiative and ownership of tasks and drive them to successful completion
- Keep current with technology and recommend and plan changes as needed
- A.A. or B.S. degree in Computer Science or related technical discipline
- Completion of Windows computer related courses
- In-depth understanding of Microsoft applications and Windows tools
- Efficient troubleshooting abilities
- Strong initiative with a desire to learn
- U.S. Citizen or Permanent Work Visa required
- UNIX experiences a plus
- Network expertise a plus
Equal Opportunity Employer
About basys, inc.:
For four decades basys continuously is the recognized leader in developing, deploying and supporting software solutions in the Taft-Hartley industry. We provide an integrated solution suite to make our customers work more efficiently. Headquartered in Baltimore, Maryland, and with employees working across the United States, our highly-skilled technologists collaborate to solve complex business problems and deliver tailored software applications to suit our customers business needs.
Our people are vital to our success.
We provide opportunity, nurture talent, and develop leaders...
Imagine a career where you take pride in the work you do.
The solutions you develop have a direct impact within the industry.
You are appreciated and acknowledged for going above and beyond the bar that is already set high.
You receive honest and constructive feedback to propel your career to the next level.
A place that values diverse backgrounds, experiences and personalities, where humor and laughter are encouraged.
We move fast, take risks, and pride ourselves on staying flexible, fun, and committed to executing each day. If you want to surround yourself with passionate, dedicated people to collaborate in achieving challenging results, choose basys for your next career move and apply today.
Posted 3 years ago
Browse Systems Administrator jobs in Linthicum Heights, Maryland:
163356, Windows/Linux System Administrator - MD - C -
Chipton-Ross Inc. in Linthicum, MD
Posted 13 days ago on ZipRecruiter
Junior Systems Administrator
Electrical Contractor in Laurel, MD
Posted 7 days ago on ZipRecruiter
Mac OS Systems Administrator
CGI in Annapolis Junction, MD
Posted 16 days ago on ZipRecruiter