- Engage with customers for implementation/integration and provide daily management (3rd and 4th line support) of Microsoft Messaging and related collaboration / security technologies.
- Provide system administration during initial stages of rollout and day to day thereafter.
- Coordinate intra-department cooperation for service implementation.
- Coordinate with other Operations/App. services team members regarding deployment and ongoing maintenance of new systems.
- Provide thorough documentation, testing methodology for internal and external reviews.
- Compose white papers and technical architecture diagrams for internal/external use.
- Demonstrate proficiency in identifying probable causes and solutions to network application problems.
- Lead technical resolutions (even in to off business hours), while mentoring systems engineers, of specific situations associated with assigned responsibilities.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
In addition to day-to-day responsibilities this position will also involve a substantial amount of technical systems architecture and design to ensure appropriate technology strategy to meet customer requirements. This individual should be a highly qualified systems engineer with up-to-date hands-on skills, the ability to design and develop a full range of systems-based product offerings involving Microsoft services, cloud based solutions and managed hosting services. In addition, they need to possess the proven ability to interact effectively with senior executives.
Some of the technical background experience and skills required include:
· Deep understanding and experience managing and migrating messaging / email solutions, including cloud based solutions.
· Strong Design and Operational experience with Windows Exchange (current versions) and Microsoft collaboration suite (OCS and SharePoint)
· Exceptional systems troubleshooting skills in mission critical networks is required
· Proficiency with large scale Active Directory design, implementations, and integrations.
· Granular knowledge of every aspect of Microsoft Active Directory and server roles (DNS, DHCP, Security, NLB, Clustering, etc)
· Knowledge of consolidated Virtual Infrastructure, encompassing VMWare)
· Through knowledge of system monitoring and establishing policies and thresholds
· Fundamental knowledge of the broad range of backup technologies (including cloud based solutions)
· Moderate knowledge Networking (TCPIP, SNMP, Routing)
· Previous consulting experience, MCSE, MCSD, and other Microsoft certifications is not a requirement but a strong plus.
- BA/BS degree in Information Technology, or IT equivalent work experience required.
- At least 10 years of experience with systems infrastructure, engineer management, and familiarity with a broad range of systems and network technologies.
- Must have demonstrated success in a leadership position.
- Strong written, verbal communication and project management skills.
- Must understand organizational resources, priorities, needs and policies.
- Be able to anticipate potential problems associated with network infrastructure or service level trends and works with Service Managers on plans for implementing solutions.
- Must be able to communicate effectively and tactfully with all levels of personnel, both in verbal and written modes.
- Must be able to organize, schedule work effectively, and be able to work well under time constraints.
- Must be able to handle multiple tasks with changing priorities, communicating changes in scope and schedule to all parties concerned.
- Ability to work effectively and closely with all levels of management within and across the organization.
- Must be able to work both independently or in a team environment.
- Must be able to work flexible hours, including hours beyond the normal schedule when necessary; operating in a 24x7x365 environment.
- Must be able to maintain upmost confidentiality.
- Driving within the course of the workday may be required. A current California driver’s license with an acceptable driving record is required.
All candidates must have solid references, and a strong desire to work for a fast-paced company delivering cutting edge IT services. Salary is negotiable depending on experience.
Barracuda Staffing is a permanent placement and direct hire personnel agency working with skilled, non-skilled, professional and contract workers in the Industrial, Light Industrial, Engineering, Construction, and Warehouse fields. Barracuda Staffing serves the business client by locating qualified employees, screening, initial interviewing and administering all new hire paperwork. Barracuda Staffing runs payroll and bills the client weekly. The professional worker is served with employment opportunities at no cost and pay rates that are within industry standards.
Browse senior system engineer jobs in Tulsa, Oklahoma:
- JoCo - in Tulsa, OK
Posted 7 days ago on ZipRecruiter
Saint Francis Health System in Tulsa, OK
Posted 7 days ago on Beyond
American Electric Power in Tulsa, OK
Posted 3 days ago on Beyond