Posted 2 years ago in Engineering
It is the responsibility of this position to direct process design efforts from a lead technical perspective according to customer’s inquiries. The purpose of the Position is to oversee and develop the equipment sizing, instrumentation requirements and other design details to minimize equipment cost while maximizing process efficiencies. It is the goal of the position to help establish our client as the premier value-added provider of Energy equipment solutions in the markets we serve.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
This includes but is not limited to the following:
1. Provide the primary process engineering focus and direction for all India inquiries.
2. Direct and schedule the activities of other process engineers assigned to specific jobs.
3. Perform resource planning for the estimating/process engineering effort.
4. Perform and review process simulations and develop Process Flow Diagrams (PFD’s) and Heat & Material Balances.
5. Compare process designs to previous published designs to optimize design competitiveness.
6. Develop sizing information for Process Equipment (heat exchangers, distillation columns, separators, filters, compressors, pumps, treaters, reboilers, contactors, etc.) provided in the form of equipment data sheets.
7. Direct and assist in developing total plant or process control philosophy.
8. Calculate plant/process recoveries and utility/power requirements.
9. Stay current with technical developments in process engineering and process equipment.
10. Develop innovative ideas and alternatives to be cost competitive during the estimating phase.
11. Establish and recommend process guarantee levels.
12. Support Business Development by presenting technical proposals and product details to potential clients.
13. Provide technical direction and expertise to Project Engineering/manufacturing for work in process.
14. Support electrical and mechanical engineering for line sizing, initial instrument lists, logic diagrams, cause & effects charts, pump NPSH requirements, hydraulic calculations, etc.
15. Technically direct or assist in start-up, commissioning and performance testing, as required.
16. Perform field trouble shooting, as required.
17. Periodic customer contact is required. Extensive travel is required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
This position demands excellent technical proficiency and thorough detailed experience with all engineering aspects of Oil & Gas process equipment. It requires the ability to lead a process engineering team but to also be an effective individual contributor. It is imperative to be able to perform engineering analyses on process simulators such as ProMax, HYSYS, VMGsim, etc., and possess advanced-level skills with Microsoft Office software including Excel. Requires an ability to work with minimal supervision and ability to prioritize workload to meet due dates. Must be able to set the standard for integrity, responsibility, and leadership. Demands executive level proficiency in effectively communicating process concepts to both internal and external customers. The position requires a Bachelor’s Degree in Chemical, Petroleum or Mechanical Engineering or equivalent engineering discipline, with a Master’s Degree preferable. The individual must be a Registered Professional Engineer with a minimum of 10 years energy industry experience; 3 years of which should be in a supervisory or team-lead role. Project engineering or operations experience is preferable. Field experience is mandatory. Experience in an ISO 9000 environment is suggested.
Heavy construction and process plant environment: periodically. Office environment: constantly.
Barracuda Staffing is a permanent placement and direct hire personnel agency working with skilled, non-skilled, professional and contract workers in the Industrial, Light Industrial, Engineering, Construction, and Warehouse fields. Barracuda Staffing serves the business client by locating qualified employees, screening, initial interviewing and administering all new hire paperwork. Barracuda Staffing runs payroll and bills the client weekly. The professional worker is served with employment opportunities at no cost and pay rates that are within industry standards.
Browse senior process engineer jobs in Tulsa, Oklahoma:
Linde Process Plants - Tulsa, OK
Posted 7 days ago on TopUSAJobs
Randstad Engineering - TULSA, OK
Posted 2 months ago on Beyond
Lead Food Manufacturing - Tulsa, OK
Posted 13 days ago on ZipRecruiter - ZipApply