Sorry, this job was closed 3 years ago. See all open Process Engineer Jobs in Tulsa, Oklahoma
It is the responsibility of this position to prepare process designs according to customer’s inquiries which can be supported by process guarantee. The purpose of the Position is to provide the equipment sizing, instrumentation requirements and other design details to minimize equipment cost while maximizing process efficiencies. It is the goal of the position to help establish our company as the premier value-added provider of Energy equipment solutions in the markets we serve.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
This includes but is not limited to the following:
· Provide information throughout the various proposal, engineering and fabrication phases to the estimating and project teams regarding all aspects of Process Engineering.
· Perform process simulations and develop Process Flow Diagrams (PFD’s) and Heat and Material Balances.
· Compare process designs to previous published designs to determine design competitiveness.
· Develop sizing information for Process Equipment (heat exchangers, distillation columns, separators, filters, compressors, pumps, treaters, reboilers, contactors, etc.) provided in the form of equipment data sheets.
· Assist in developing plant or process control philosophy.
· Calculate plant/process recoveries and utility/power requirements.
· Stay current with technical developments in process engineering and process equipment.
· Develop innovative ideas and alternatives to be cost competitive during the estimating phase.
· Recommend process guarantee levels.
· Support Business Development in presenting technical details to potential clients.
· Provide technical direction and expertise to Project Engineering/manufacturing for work in process.
· Provide design and sizing of control and safety relief valves.
· Support electrical and mechanical engineering for line sizing, initial instrument lists, logic diagrams, cause & effects charts, pump NPSH requirements, hydraulic calculations, etc.
· Periodically participate in HAZOP meetings.
· Assist in start-up, commissioning and performance testing, as required.
· Perform field trouble shooting, as required.
· Periodic customer contact is required. Less than 25% travel is required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
This position demands excellent technical proficiency with process simulators such as ProMax, HYSYS, VMGsim, etc., and advanced level skills with Microsoft Office software including Excel. Requires an ability to work with minimal supervision and ability to prioritize workload to meet due dates. Must have effective analytical and problem solving skills and to be detail orientated while remaining creative and innovative. Demands proficiency in effectively communicating process concepts to both internal and external customers. The position requires a Bachelor’s Degree in Chemical, Petroleum or Mechanical Engineering or equivalent engineering discipline, with a Master’s Degree preferable. The individual must be a Registered Professional Engineer with a minimum of 5 years energy industry experience; 3 years of which must be in process simulations. Project engineering or operations experience is preferable. Field experience is highly desirable. Experience in an ISO 9000 environment is suggested.
WORKING ENVIRONMENT:Heavy construction and process plant environment: periodically. Office environment: constantly.
Barracuda Staffing is a permanent placement and direct hire personnel agency working with skilled, non-skilled, professional and contract workers in the Industrial, Light Industrial, Engineering, Construction, and Warehouse fields. Barracuda Staffing serves the business client by locating qualified employees, screening, initial interviewing and administering all new hire paperwork. Barracuda Staffing runs payroll and bills the client weekly. The professional worker is served with employment opportunities at no cost and pay rates that are within industry standards.
Browse process engineer jobs in Tulsa, Oklahoma: