Sorry, this job was closed 4 years ago. See all open Drafter Jobs in Tulsa, OK
It is the Purpose of this position to create multi-discipline project design models and drawings consisting of piping, vessels, structural, electrical and instrumentation for a variety of Oil & Gas Process equipment and systems. Using solid modeling applications it is the responsibility of this position to ensure the engineering design and documentation are complete, accurate, on time and on budget. It is the goal of the position to help establish our client as the premier value-added provider of Energy equipment solutions in the markets we serve.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
This includes but is not limited to the following:
· Create design and fabrication models in SolidWorks format from mark-ups provided by the Engineering staff.
· Working knowledge and proficiency in AutoCAD required to generate and interpret P&IDs.
· Ability to create, edit and release all engineering documentation required for Customer Approvals and Manufacturing Releases.
· Interpret and incorporate relevant specifications as detailed in the RFQ and in the Customer Specifications.
· Communicate deviations, difficulties or required changes to the Project Engineer.
· Working knowledge of ASME code, ANSI piping codes, AWS, and OSHA.
· Familiar with common materials used in pressure vessels, process piping, structural steel assemblies and instrument and electrical packages.
· Ability to store, file and retrieve engineering documentation in the PDM Vault.
· Actively assist in the mechanical design of vessels and piping.
· Ability to estimate workload and deliver scheduled work product on time.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITIES:
This position demands excellent technical proficiency with Mechanical Engineering, Design, Drafting, Solid modeling, and construction software programs and technical tools, as well as skills with Microsoft Office software including Excel. Requires an ability to work with minimal supervision and ability to prioritize workload to meet due dates. The minimum requirement for this position is a high school diploma and a satisfactorily completed program in design drafting from a recognized college or technical school. Knowledge of Solid Works macro languages is helpful. Candidate must have 3 years experience working for an ASME Code fabrication company.
Experience in an ISO 9000 environment is desirable.
Heavy construction and process plant environment: routinely. Office environment: constantly.
Barracuda Staffing is a permanent placement and direct hire personnel agency working with skilled, non-skilled, professional and contract workers in the Industrial, Light Industrial, Engineering, Construction, Warehouse and Professional fields. Barracuda Staffing serves the business client by locating qualified employees, screening, initial interviewing and administering all new hire paperwork. Barracuda Staffing runs payroll and bills the client weekly. The professional worker is served with employment opportunities at no cost and pay rates that are within industry standards.
Posted 4 years ago
Browse drafter jobs in Tulsa, Oklahoma: