The purpose of this position is to provide patients with the highest quality of care by focusing intently on customer service. Serves as a technologist to perform a variety of imaging procedures at a technical level, including CT/X-Ray. Procedures will require independent judgment and ingenuity to produce optimum visualization of anatomic structures in accordance with all applicable laws, regulations and company policies and procedures. The Radiology Technologist also provides technical assistance and supportive patient care to assist the physicians, nurses and other technical and administrative staff in meeting the needs of individual patients throughout the facility.Essential Job Functions
- Operate and maintain all imaging department equipment including but not limited to X-Ray, CT, CR reader, and PACS
- Perform all imaging exams in accordance with established policies, procedures, regulations, and laws and ensure the physician on duty is notified of the results
Other Job Functions
- Perform basic clinical procedures under the direction of the physician and/or nurse on duty
- Maintain all required documentation, logs, charts, forms and records in paper and electronic formats
- Collect laboratory samples and perform lab testing in accordance with established policies and procedures, as well as COLA and CLIA regulations
- Maintain an adequate supply of all reagents and consumables to perform quality testing
- Perform all routine daily, weekly, monthly, and periodic maintenance and function checks following established protocol
- Perform Quality Control checks as established by this laboratory
- Perform all Quality Assessment activities and document these activities for periodic review by the Laboratory Supervisor and/or the Laboratory Director.
- High School diploma or GED
- Graduation from an AMA approved school of Radiology Technology.
- Two years’ radiologic/imaging experience
- One year of emergency room experience
- One year of CT experience
- Must be registered with the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT and/or CRT certification)
- Possess current BLS certification
- Ability to read and communicate effectively in English, additional languages desirable
- Proficiency with most X-ray/CT equipment, manufacturer’s hardware/software and PACS
About Baptist Emergency Hospital:
Emerus is a nationally recognized, innovative leader in the delivery of inpatient, surgical, and diagnostic medical health care. Specializing in the identification, development and management of improved-access community medical facilities, Emerus provides cost effective, scalable growth opportunities to large-scale, national health care systems throughout the United States.
By providing operationally efficient facilities and focused alignment with current health care trends, Emerus' community-based hospitals prioritize limited inpatient stays, efficient emergency rooms and cost effective pricing in a smaller campus setting. Based in The Woodlands, Texas, Emerus has more than 1,000 employees, with expert concentrations in over 20 different fields throughout the medical industry.