Contribute Your Talent to a Great Team!Bring your passion for Customer Service and Teamwork to Bank of the Cascades - a local Community Bank!Bank of the Cascades is seeking a MORTGAGE LOAN OFFICER – OUTSIDE SALES to join our team in the TREASURE VALLEY - IDAHO.Bring your ability to:
Proactively solicit new residential mortgage business and sell mortgage products to meet established loan quality and production goals. Identify, develop and maintain a quality network of business relationships that serves as a recurring source of referrals for new mortgage lending opportunities. Originate investment quality loans (FHA/VA or conventional) by selling Bank products and services to a customer base of realtors, builders, home buyers and others. Participate in related business development activities. Provide high quality customer service, while contributing to Mortgage Department and BOTC goals and objectives. Model BOTC Sales-Service-Soundness values in support of retaining and attracting profitable customer relationships.Contribute your talent:
- Maintain an understanding of the features/benefits, uses and competitive value of Bank products and services.
- Expand full account relationships through business development, customer call program, and community involvement.
- Identify opportunities to cross sell other Bank products and services to benefit the customer and support the Bank’s goal to expand and retain customer relationships.
- Establish and maintain customer referral relationships with realtors, builders and developers.
- Make sales calls on potential or existing customers to develop new business or retain existing business.
- Monitor overall customer interaction and interface with all parties involved on each individual loan from application to closing, including but not limited to counseling and pre-qualifying potential home buyers, taking complete and accurate applications, obtaining all necessary support documents along with the appropriate fee and lock information.
- Oversee the loan process by monitoring loan status and ensuring conformity with terms, assisting in collecting additional documents and promptly communicating loan status to all interested parties, and obtaining loan documentation after closing.
- Negotiate terms and conditions of loans with customers.
- Act as Trusted Advisor with prospects and customers, offering appropriate financial solutions, maximizing safety and soundness and customer loyalty.
- Prepare reports as required, tracking personal pipeline and other documentation as necessary.
- Keep informed of trends and developments in the local real estate market and competitive environment, as well as changes in rules and regulations pertaining to both private and government insured mortgages.
- Conform to and direct compliance with Bank regulatory, audit and compliance policies/procedures and Bank operational policies/requirements within the Department.
- Maintain a professional image and standards consistent with Bank policies and procedures.
- Represent the Bank to the community and promote a favorable image in all business activities through strong customer relations, regular participation in business development opportunities and community involvement.
- Registered MLOs must provide their unique identifier to consumers per BOTC policies. MLOs must follow BOTC procedures for registering, updating their information as necessary, certifying authenticity, and renewing their registration annually. MLOs must maintain a status in good standing under the SAFE Act requirements.
Are you experienced?
- Three to five years mortgage loan officer experience.
- Strong sales experience with demonstrated potential to transfer skills to mortgage origination, knowledge of requirements applicable to various mortgage lending programs, and ability to maintain production standards.
- Possess proven business development skills, knowledge of the overall business marketplace and a history of successful community involvement.
- Working knowledge of standard loan products in the industry and strong familiarity with underwriting guidelines; a complete understanding of Federal Regulations and BOTC Mortgage loan policy.
- Strong understanding of business and financial fundamentals.
- Demonstrated analytical, decision-making and effective problem resolution skills.
- Thorough understanding of loan files for consumer, construction, and basic commercial credits.
- Must possess basic computer and keyboard skills with the ability to use internet applications and electronic mail, and learn various windows based software applications to include, but not limited to, banking application software, word processing, and spread sheet software.
- Maintain general knowledge of consumer credit services and credit review responsibilities, and a general understanding of loan policy.
- Demonstrate acceptable personal financial responsibility and be bondable.
If you would like an opportunity to be a part of something great, please visit our website right away and apply on-line! www.botc.com
About Bank of the Cascades:
Cascade Bancorp, headquartered in Bend, Oregon, and its principal subsidiary, Bank of the Cascades, has a business strategy that focuses on delivering the best in community banking for the financial well being of customers and shareholders. The Bank implements its strategy by combining outstanding service, competitive financial products, local expertise and technology applied for the convenience of customers.
Bank of the Cascades is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, women, minorities, veterans and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Posted 4 years ago