Sorry, this job was closed 4 years ago. See all open Veterinary Assistant Jobs in Olathe, KS
The Veterinary Assistant supports the veterinarians and veterinary technicians in ensuring quality veterinary care for all pets, advocates for pets, educates clients on all aspects of pet health, and ensures a safe and effective hospital environment.
Essential Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Provide exceptional professional service at all times including recruiting new clients and promoting the Banfield brand.
- Obtain relevant information in order to maintain proper and complete medical charts.
- Utilize technical skills to the fullest, within state practice acts and as outlined in the NAVTA guidelines for veterinary assistant skills and duties.
- Ensure the safety of pets, clients and associates by utilizing safe restraining techniques, following standard protocols, and maintaining clean, sterile and organized treatment areas, exam rooms and labs.
- Educate clients and promote hospital services such as our preventative care Optimum Wellness Plans.
- Mentor other members of the team that work within the hospital.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Ability to work with small animals under conditions with loud noises & strong odors.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including weekends and evenings.
- Ability to stand, walk, kneel, climb, lift, carry & move up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to perform all required skills of NAVTA approved veterinary assistant programs.
- Certificate of completion from a NAVTA approved Veterinary Assistant program, or the equivalent combination of education.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- One year related experience required with customer service preferred.
Text banfieldjobs to 90206
WE ARE A DRUG-FREE, SMOKE-FREE, EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. Company Policy, Federal and State Laws Forbid Discrimination Because of Age, Color, Race, Religion, Sex, Disability, Sexual Orientation or National Origin.
About Banfield Careers:
In 2007, Banfield joined the Mars family of businesses, and together we work to ensure pets receive the highest level of care so they can live longer, healthier lives. Today, Banfield is more than 800 hospitals strong, with the common goal of providing high quality medicine for each pet we treat and working alongside our clients to ensure they have the resources they need to care for their pets at home.
At Banfield, we celebrate and enrich the family pet relationship through our knowledge, expertise and products to make a better world for pets and people. We are the leader in innovations like Optimum Wellness Plans, now in place for two decades with more than 1 million pets enrolled, and the first and most extensive quality-assurance program in the industry. And, our hospitals provide the finest, most convenient humane quality medical services available, as well as industry leading anesthesia protocols and equipment. We understand the special bond between pets and people. The caring and compassionate veterinary teams at Banfield will help ensure your pet stays with your family longer.
Posted date: 4 years ago
Browse Veterinary Assistant jobs in Olathe, Kansas:
Banfield Pet Hospital in Olathe, KS
Posted 1 month ago on the web
Veterinary Assistant for Mobile Veterinary Clinics - Kansas City, MO
Vetco Clinics in Kansas City, MO
Posted 20 days ago on ZipRecruiter
Overnight Veterinary Assistant (7 on/ 7 off - Thursday thru Wed. 10:30p-8a)
BluePearl in Kansas City, MO
Posted 1 month ago on the web