Sorry, this job was closed 25 days ago. See all open Receiving Team Member Jobs in Sparks, NV
Shipping/Receiving Team Member
Benefits Offered401K, Dental, Life, Medical, Vision
Do you want a great job, with a skilled team, and with outstanding benefits like paid time off, medical insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, and a 401K? Then B&J Inc. is the place for you!
B&J, Inc., one of Northern Nevada's leading manufacturing companies, is looking for a Shipping/Receiving team member.
The Shipping/Receiving position is primarily responsible for the packing and delivering of B & J, Inc. products, in a professional and timely manner. We are seeking someone who is dedicated and hard working. Candidates must be able to pass a DOT physical and have the ability to drive a twenty-six foot truck with a manual transmission
Primary duties include:
- Verify shipment against the order
- Pack orders to customer specifications and B & J’s internal standards, verifying quality and quantity of all parts
- Ensure and record accurate counts
- Address shipments accurately as directed
- Operate forklifts and reach truck safely and effectively
- Communicate professionally and effectively with customers and vendors
- Pick up and deliver customer orders
- Load trucks, making sure load is safely secured
- Load items in order of scheduled delivery
- Obtain signed delivery receipt
- Inspect vehicles per truck checklist
- Report any mechanical problems to Shipping/Receiving Supervisor
- Follow all OSHA safety regulations and those set by B & J, Inc.
- Maintain the responsibilities of the ISO 9001:2008 system in accordance with the requirements defined in the Quality Manual, and Procedure Level documentation
- Participate actively and positively Lean activities
The following qualifications are required for this position:
- Minimum one year experience in a manufacturing facility or assembly environment
- Must be 21 years of age or older
- Minimum one year driving experience
- Nevada driver’s license with clean driving record
- Ability to drive a truck with manual transmission
- Must be able to pass D.O.T. physical
- Certified on forklift and standard reach truck
- Ability to accurately record information
- Ability to work with little or no supervision
- Good interpersonal skills
- Able to follow instructions and communicate effectively
- Basic math ability (addition, subtraction, multiplication and division)
- Manual dexterity
Physical Requirements of this positions include:
Maximum (minutes): Sit 60, Stand 360, Walk 10, Bend 40, Squat 20, Lift 30, Twist 15, Kneel 10, Reach Above Shoulder 25, Climb 5, Drive 180, Push/Pull 15.
Must be able to lift 50 pounds on a regular basis. Must have normal vision (with or without corrective lenses) and hearing (with or without corrective hearing aids).
Working Environment: Shop and outdoors environments. Moderate noise level. Exposure to dust, heat and cold.
This opportunity is Full-Time. If you feel that you meet these qualifications, please submit your resume today!
About B&J, Inc.:
B&J, Inc. was founded in 1972 in Sparks, Nevada as a one-stop machining, sheetmetal and powder coating manufacturing solution. Our state of the art, ISO 9001:2008 registered facility features almost 54,000 square feet of production, precision manufacturing, quality control, raw materials storage, engineering and design assistance, inventory and shipping capability. If you are interested in joining an organization that understands that producing quality products begins with investing in quality employees, then we would like to hear from you. B&J, Inc. is proud to offer all team members a competitive benefit package along with state-of-the-art facilities and equipment.
Posted date: 1 month ago
Browse Receiving Team Member jobs in Sparks, Nevada: