Sorry, this job was closed 25 days ago. See all open Machine Operator Jobs in Sparks, NV
Benefits OfferedDental, 401K, Life, Medical
Do you want a great job, with a skilled team, and with outstanding benefits like paid time off, medical insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, and a 401K? Then B&J Inc. is the place for you!
If you are a detail-oriented machine operator who is passionate about providing excellent customer service, we want to hear from you! B&J, Inc., one of Northern Nevada's fastest growing manufacturing organizations is looking for a dedicated individual to fill our full-time machine operator position. Both day shift and swing shift opportunities available!
The Machine Operator is primarily responsible for assisting with CNC machining and manual machining process according to specifications and B & J, Inc.’s internal procedures. Candidates must have a proven track record of excellent customer service and operate with a dedication to safety at all times.
Primary duties include:
- Operate machines as instructed to produce parts to specification
- Inspect parts according to specification
- Operate saws, drills, countersinking ops and tapping as required
- Check coolants and lubricants
- Stay alert, listen and monitor machine operation
- Have first article bought off by lead, supervisor or inspector
- Properly fill out and use dimensional verification sheets to monitor quality
- Ensure and record accurate counts
- Have parts properly prepared to hand off to the next process
- Communicate clearly and in a timely manner with supervisor, lead and coworkers
- Work overtime as required
- Maintain the responsibilities of the ISO 9001:2008 system in accordance with the requirements defined in the Quality Manual, and Procedure Level documentation
- Participate actively and positively in Ownership Thinking and Lean activities
The following qualifications are required for this position:
- High school graduate plus relevant vocational training (e.g. mathematics, blueprint reading, computer courses, machining, drafting)
- Good math skills: ability add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals
- Ability to understand and follow detailed verbal instructions
- Ability to read and understand shop orders policies and procedures
- Writing ability to record information on shop orders
- Basic computer knowledge
- Detail oriented
- Mechanical Aptitude
- Manual dexterity
- Must have own tools within 90 days of employment
Physical Requirements of this positions include:
Maximum (minutes): Sit 9, Stand 360, Walk 14, Bend 9, Squat 9, Lift 45, Twist 9, Kneel 5, Reach Above Shoulder 5, Climb 5, Drive 5, Push/Pull 5.
Must be able to lift 50 pounds on a regular basis. Must have normal vision (with or without corrective lenses) and hearing (with or without corrective hearing aids).
Working Environment: Shop environment. Moderate noise level. Exposure to dust, heat and cold.
This opportunity is Full-Time. If you feel that you have the qualifications to fill this position and would like to join our team, please submit your resume to the link provided.
About B&J, Inc.:
B&J, Inc. was founded in 1972 in Sparks, Nevada as a one-stop machining, sheetmetal and powder coating manufacturing solution. Our state of the art, ISO 9001:2008 registered facility features almost 54,000 square feet of production, precision manufacturing, quality control, raw materials storage, engineering and design assistance, inventory and shipping capability. If you are interested in joining an organization that understands that producing quality products begins with investing in quality employees, then we would like to hear from you. B&J, Inc. is proud to offer all team members a competitive benefit package along with state-of-the-art facilities and equipment.
Posted date: 1 month ago
Browse Machine Operator jobs in Sparks, Nevada: