Sorry, this job was closed 4 years ago. See all open Senior Software QA Engineer Jobs in Foxborough, MA
Senior Software QA Engineer, Professional Services
Axeda is looking for an experienced, enthusiastic Senior Software Quality Assurance Engineer to join our Professional Services QA Team. You will find yourself working as a key contributor in an exciting, cutting edge environment working on ensuring the delivery of the highest quality of Axeda’s market-leading M2M software solutions.
- Develop test plans and execute test procedures for complex web-based applications.
- Participate in functional and business requirements reviews, and help write project specifications.
- Work closely with Engagement Managers and Developers to identify, investigate, and resolve system problems and process issues
- Mentor and support other QA engineers in QA execution for customer solutions.
- Manage defect status and other quality issues
- Assure the timely release of high quality, highly reliable, highly usable, and high performance customer deliverables.
- Assist with systems and application installation/configuration.
- 5+ years of experience testing in an enterprise software development environment.
- Knowledge of software development lifecycle and QA methodologies is required
- Experience in writing test plans and test cases is a must
- Hands on experience with multiple platforms (Solaris, Linux, HP-UX, Windows), Application Servers (Weblogic/JBoss), databases (SQL/Oracle), Authentication Servers (LDAP, ADS) and Web servers (IIS and/or Apache server).
- Excellent knowledge of Internet/Web technologies, such as web browsers and html.
- Strong networking skills and experience working with network appliances (routers, switches, load balancers, etc.) and network utilities (firewalls, web servers, proxy servers, etc.)
- Experience with Internet application protocols: TCP, HTTP/HTTPS and LDAP.
- Understanding and experience with high-availability and platform redundancy is a plus.
- Familiarity with Sonar, automation tools (QTP), Cognos reporting, and Groovy scripting are all a plus
- The ability to work independently and absorb new information quickly
- Excellent trouble-shooting skills in a complex system
- The ability to effectively organize and prioritize multiple tasks
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Highly motivated and Team oriented
- Ability and desire to travel (5% of the time)
- BS CS/EE or equivalent
Axeda Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer
About Axeda Corporation:
PTC (Nasdaq: PTC) enables manufacturers to achieve sustained product and service advantage. The companyâs technology solutions help customers transform the way they create and service products across the entire product lifecycle â from conception and design to sourcing and service. Founded in 1985, PTC employs over 6,000 professionals serving more than 27,000 businesses in rapidly-evolving, globally distributed manufacturing industries worldwide. For more information on PTC, please visit http://www.ptc.com
Posted 4 years ago
Browse Senior Software QA Engineer jobs in Foxborough, Massachusetts:
Quality Assurance/Validation Engineer
Hawkins Point Partners in Cambridge, MA
Posted 29 days ago on ZipRecruiter
Senior Software QA Engineer
TechTarget in Newton, MA
Posted 1 month ago on StartWire
Java Performance Engineer - QA
Kilburn Enterprises, LLC in Newton, MA
Posted 3 days ago on ZipRecruiter