Axeda is looking for an experienced, enthusiastic Senior Software Quality Assurance Engineer to join our Professional Services QA Team. You will find yourself working as a key contributor in an exciting, cutting edge environment working on ensuring the delivery of the highest quality of Axeda’s market-leading M2M software solutions.
- Develop test plans and execute test procedures for complex web-based applications.
- Participate in functional and business requirements reviews, and help write project specifications.
- Work closely with Engagement Managers and Developers to identify, investigate, and resolve system problems and process issues
- Mentor and support other QA engineers in QA execution for customer solutions.
- Manage defect status and other quality issues
- Assure the timely release of high quality, highly reliable, highly usable, and high performance customer deliverables.
- Assist with systems and application installation/configuration.
- 5+ years of experience testing in an enterprise software development environment.
- Knowledge of software development lifecycle and QA methodologies is required
- Experience in writing test plans and test cases is a must
- Hands on experience with multiple platforms (Solaris, Linux, HP-UX, Windows), Application Servers (Weblogic/JBoss), databases (SQL/Oracle), Authentication Servers (LDAP, ADS) and Web servers (IIS and/or Apache server).
- Excellent knowledge of Internet/Web technologies, such as web browsers and html.
- Strong networking skills and experience working with network appliances (routers, switches, load balancers, etc.) and network utilities (firewalls, web servers, proxy servers, etc.)
- Experience with Internet application protocols: TCP, HTTP/HTTPS and LDAP.
- Understanding and experience with high-availability and platform redundancy is a plus.
- Familiarity with Sonar, automation tools (QTP), Cognos reporting, and Groovy scripting are all a plus
- The ability to work independently and absorb new information quickly
- Excellent trouble-shooting skills in a complex system
- The ability to effectively organize and prioritize multiple tasks
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Highly motivated and Team oriented
- Ability and desire to travel (5% of the time)
Axeda Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer
About Axeda Corporation:
PTC (Nasdaq: PTC) enables manufacturers to achieve sustained product and service advantage. The companyâs technology solutions help customers transform the way they create and service products across the entire product lifecycle â from conception and design to sourcing and service. Founded in 1985, PTC employs over 6,000 professionals serving more than 27,000 businesses in rapidly-evolving, globally distributed manufacturing industries worldwide. For more information on PTC, please visit http://www.ptc.com
Posted 3 years ago