Radio Communication Tech 2
The position requires a strong background in IT systems and an in depth understanding of radio communication systems utilized by a typical PSAP, Police, Fire, or EMS Agency.
The candidate should have the ability to; lay out jobs, execute projects from start to finish, provide input on planning processes related to communications equipment and systems and other electronics equipment and systems, provide customer service interface, respond to failures and emergencies involving communications and other electronic systems and equipment, perform routine and preventative maintenance on radio equipment.
Radio Technician with analog/digital experience including:
· FM two-way radios
· Analog and Digital trunking systems (EDACS, SmartNet, MPT1327, LTR, and PassPort)
· Digital trunking systems (OpenSky, P25, MotoTRBO, NEXEDGE, Tetra)
· Mobile Data Computers
· Dispatch Consoles (Avtec, Zetron, Maestro, CML, Centracom, Orbacom\IPC\Positron)
· Microwave (Alcatel, Stratex\Harris, and Nera)
· Voting and Simulcast Systems
· Tone/trace/punch down of cross connect wiring for Consoles and Voting systems
· Loop Start, Ground Start and E&M Types I, II, and V
· Conduct system or sub-system testing as required to determine failures or to accomplish
routine maintenance tests.
Knowledge and understanding of:
· LAN/WAN protocols and topologies; for example, TCP/IP, Frame Relay, X.25, PPP,
ISDN, Ethernet, VoIP, SIP
· Familiarity with UNIX (Linux, HP-UX, Solaris, Aix, etc.) and Microsoft Operating
Systems (NT/XP) and software tools such as FTP, Telnet, TFTP, HyperTerminal, etc
· Knowledge and ability to work with Windows Microsoft Office suite.
· Understanding of internetworking concepts-including switching, and routing mechanics
Customer Support responsibilities include:
· Open Cases within AWT's case tracking database, detailing Customer's issues/questions and
your associated response and actions.
· Resolve Customer product issues through research using appropriate user guides, manuals,
product release notes, troubleshooting guide, and other Technical Support Engineers.
· Duplicate Customer product issues in the Customer Service Lab by replicating the Customer
product configuration across hardware and software.
· Visit Customer site when product issue can no longer be effectively diagnosed remotely. Site
visit could include capturing more information such as; statistics, traces, dump files,
configuration files, hardware revisions, and software revisions.
· Work may be required on weekend and evening shifts in a 24x7 operation due to customer
operations and scheduling restrictions.
Extra but not required skills and or experience:
· Knowledge of PBX systems
· Call Recording systems.
Applicants must hold a valid Michigan drivers license and be able to work independently and collaboratively.
Strong written and verbal skills required.
AWT offers competitive wages and full-time company paid benefits.
Send resumes to hcroskey AT gmail DOT com
Our company is the premier leader in the B&I and Public Safety market for Michigan and is expanding throughout the entire Great Lakes region. Our company primarily focuses on telephony centric systems and services, however as a Systems Integrator, we handle a diverse technology base. This includes both wireless and wire line technologies supporting voice and data services.
Posted 3 years ago