Sr. Technical Engineer (Manufacturing) for Avery Dennison, Office Products (Brea)
The role of the Sr Technical Engineer is to lead the planning and execution of projects in accordance with project schedules, budgets and deliverables. This includes coordinating the efforts of team members to deliver projects according to plan. The Sr Technical Engineer also represents the Supply Chain organization on Project Teams and is responsible for consulting and informing the various supply chain functions.
Develops and executes project work plans and revises as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements. Utilizes Avery’s Project Management Process and tools and other project management best practices.
• Develops and delivers progress reports, proposals, deliverables and presentations.
• Effectively communicates project expectations to team members and stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion.
• Updates project stakeholders on an ongoing basis.
• Estimates the resources and team members needed to achieve project goals. • Plans and schedules project timelines and milestones using appropriate tools.
• Proactively manages changes in project scope, identifies potential problems and develop contingency plans and risk assessments.
• Identifies resources needed and assigns individual responsibilities.
• Leads and serves on cross-functional teams to delivery project scope meeting agreed to deliverables to the project stakeholders.
• Coordinates activities associated with new product introductions with Marketing, Research & Development, Engineering and Manufacturing.
• Develops, reviews, revises, or approves Standard Operating Procedures (SOP's) as required.
• Serves on cross-functional teams who address specific problems, facilitate discussion and research, enabling processes to become more efficient, and to build and enhance interdepartmental relationships.
• Maintains project schedules and budgets and prepares weekly/monthly project reports. Also participates in development of the annual capital budget.
• Interfaces with Procurement to develop requests for bids, reviewing bids and selecting/awarding contracts.
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree with 5+ years experience in Engineering/Manufacturing.
• Experience in leading teams and driving business results in a cross functional environment
• Strong project management skills to drive projects to a successful closure
• Strong collaborator working with Marketing, Product Development, Procurement and other cross functional teams.
• Proven track record in successfully completing major capital projects.
• Proven track record in managing multiple projects simultaneously.
• Comprehensive knowledge of project management procedures.
• Familiar with Microsoft Project.
• Results oriented and able to effectively organize and develop plans; prioritize and execute actions.
• Proficient technical, analytical, statistical and organization skills.
• Good oral and written communication skills.
About Avery Dennison, Office Consumer Products:
Avery Dennison (NYSE:AVY) is a global leader in labeling and packaging materials and solutions. The company's applications and technologies are an integral part of products used in every major market and industry. With operations in more than 50 countries and 30,000 employees worldwide, Avery Dennison serves customers with insights and innovations that help make brands more inspiring and the world more intelligent. Headquartered in Pasadena, California, the company reported sales from continuing operations of $6 billion in 2011. Learn more at www.averydennison.com