$50,000 to $80,000 Annually
Life, Dental, Medical, Vision, 401K
Why Work Here?
“We are BEYOND DRIVEN!”
Are you looking for growth and an awesome work environment?!
ALS is looking for a passionate individual to fill an opportunity we have for a Carrier Procurement Manager, focused on procuring, managing, and growing Strategic Carrier Relationships to support ALS' business commitments and growth initiatives.
This job is in Jackson, Michigan.
You will be responsible for engaging our carrier partners at the highest level. They will be focused on building and developing relationships with carrier’s whose services align with our strategic direction. Other responsibilities include:
- Procure carrier services based on lane need and negotiate rate structure that is competitive to ALS
- Proactively prospect for new carriers that meet our network needs
- Be the point person for all carrier responses on RFQ/RFP submissions
- Analyze rate proposals to understand the impacts to profitability of ALS
- Maintain relationships with carrier base and collaborate on continuous improvement initiatives
- Negotiate and manage carrier contracts, terms and renewals with ALS Management Team
- Develop and execute carrier RFPs as necessary
- Communicate market conditions about supply and demand of capacity and lane rates
- Manage Carrier Partner performance metrics
- Act as the escalation point to resolve service issues from Operations
- Create and ensure adherence to policies, procedures, DOT regulations and KPIs
- Freight Brokerage Operations, Carrier Sales (2+)
- Modes of transportation (i.e. Dry Van Truckload, LTL, Flatbed, Specialized)
- Strong negotiation and persuasive skills
- Knowledge of carrier compliance requirements
- Strong market intelligence (costing, seasonality, supply and demand, etc)
- Experience in Carrier Management techniques including: KPI Mgmt, Periodic Business Reviews, Corrective Action Mgmt, etc
- Efficient computer skills (i.e., Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
Background Preferred (but not required):
- LTL, Flatbed & Specialized Brokerage Operations
- Industry related Software (TMW)
- Education: College Graduate-BA or BS
Other essential abilities and skills:
- Effective communication skills
- Problem solving
- Decision making ability
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize
- Strong leadership and coaching skills
About Automated Logistics Systems, LLC:
Automated Logistics Systems LLC (ALS) is a family owned logistics service provider. We succeed by building strong relationships right from the start. Working at ALS means you a part of a family, not a corporate hierarchy. We have a genuine care for one another, and a competitive drive that moves us forward.
3517 Scheele Drive, Jackson, MI 49202
4 months ago