We are making great things happen at ALS, and it is an exciting time to join our team!
Know Your Role: Ensure we build strong customer relationships right from the start.
The 3PL Implementation Manager (IM) is responsible for planning and managing a successful customer transition from the award of business through the daily execution of operations. They are a single point of accountability for accounts identified as requiring special attention within the Solutioning Process based on the complexity of the scope of services. The IM will direct and manage the day-to-day activities of implementing new business with in the ALS Network. This is accomplished by defining the scope and complexity of the business to be transitioned. The IM will direct cross-functional teams comprised of customer, local operations, data analysts, IT and finance personnel. Communication is required in many forms: email, project management tools, face to face meetings and conference calls. They are responsible for successfully implementing operational and systems solutions according to the scope of services.
Essential Function(s) of the Position:
1) Implementation of New Business and Re-solution of Existing Business.
a) Creation and management of the master implementation schedule for all new business ensuring that all key milestones are identified and completed on schedule.
b) Develop a transition timeline for both business and systems.
c) Project management of the implementation process.
d) Facilitate the resolution of open issues and minimize risk.
e) Communicate project status to transition team and key players.
f) Organizing the appropriate team, scheduling and facilitating meetings.
g) Manage transition resources, scope, schedule and quality.
h) Ensuring the operational solution is complete and viable.
i) Ensure agreed upon procedures are documented and implemented.
j) Point of contact for customer, sales, management, etc.
k) Working with the Account Manager to ensure solution meets customer’s needs.
l) Work with Account Manager to understand and communicate customer's requirements.
m) Define business awarded and identify additional opportunities
n) Escalate to VPO when team members are not participating or more resources are needed.
o) Successfully close a transition by a Formal Solution Review.
Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- At least 4 years of in transportation/logistics field.
- Background in project management or project coordination.
- Outstanding communication skills including written and presentation.
- Knowledge of Lean tools and philosophies.
- Strong understanding of Supply Chain Solutions.
- High resolve towards improvement.
- Problem solving/analytical skills.
- Interpersonal skills to foster collaboration among team members and customer
- Patience, planning and monitoring to successfully manage multiple initiatives at once.
- Drive accountability within team members to ensure initiatives are completed on time and on budget.
About Automated Logistics Systems, LLC:
Automated Logistics Systems LLC (ALS) is a family owned logistics service provider. We succeed by building strong relationships right from the start. Working at ALS means you a part of a family, not a corporate hierarchy. We have a genuine care for one another, and a competitive drive that moves us forward.
Company address:3517 Scheele Drive, Jackson, MI 49202