Autolite is the number one selling spark plug in North America with headquarters in Lake Forest, Illinois. We are part of the UCI-FRAM Group, a global business within RANK Group Limited and have manufacturing facilities within the US and Mexico. The Autolite team manufactures Autolite® branded traditional spark plugs, iridium spark plugs, platinum spark plugs, racing plugs, and provides plugs and wire sets. We are the lead supplier in the aftermarket category providing products to do-it-yourselfers and automotive technicians around the world. We also supply sparkplugs to leading Original Equipment Manufacturers like Ford Motor Company and General Motors.Position: Director of Sales - AutoliteJob Description
: Working with the business unit’s executive leadership team and corporate partners, the Director of Sales will play a critical role in providing sales leadership, strengthening the sales culture, and driving overall performance for Autolite’s sales efforts. The Director will oversee development of our strategic sales plan, and lead a team of Account Executives to drive revenue growth for the Company. The ideal candidate will be self motivated as well as motivating, have the capacity to manage and lead a team, possess expert knowledge of the sales cycle, be influential with customers, and have the ability to thrive in a fast paced environment.
Specifically, he/she must:Manage sales activities:
- As a hands-on working leader, drive the global sales team to work on both assigned accounts and emerging accounts, providing application engineering evaluations, technical data on products, pricing, terms and customer service support.
- Clearly define current and future market conditions, customer VOC and customer desires in product performance, technical service capabilities, new product/service development and business requirements
- Ensure accounts are provided timely and efficient customer service resulting in high levels of customer satisfaction
- Able to build strong Autolite brand awareness and customer relationships to ensure maximum content on programs
- Create and execute market-driven strategic plan that will result in sustainable competitive advantage in served markets
- Develop superior customer relationships calling on accounts to achieve the objectives of the annual sales plan
- Develop detailed customer account plans to drive increased sales levels and to drive increased customer satisfaction
- Develop and maintaining detailed information on customer organizations, key decision makers and key influencers
- Define customer buying factors and help business units develop the necessary value propositions to win and retain business
- Coordinate sales and service activity with customer procurement/service management and customer service personnel
- Collect and analyze competitive intelligence data independently and as requested
- Develop and execute comprehensive training programs for assigned distributor personnel
- Coordinate customer service needs and any required support at assigned accounts
- Develop and implement sales strategy to achieve sales objectives.
- Develop and monitor department budgets in order to achieve profit margin and expense goals for the department.
- Maintain effective communications between customers and internal departments.
- Manages sales force appropriate for effective sales of our products. Select, train and develop personnel as department sales expand.
- Effectively communicate market and customer information to internal departments.
The successful candidate will be expected to be a high-energy, creative and resourceful self-starter who demonstrates leadership skills and instincts. He/she is highly intelligent and enthusiastic with a commitment to excellence. In terms of personal competencies, the successful candidate must be a hands-on person who possesses the best combination of strategic thinking and drive to achieve tangible business results. The candidates must be able to balance theoretical thought with practical actions. In addition, he/she should possess the following competencies:
- Ability to connect and inspire others. A proven track record of leading projects and teams that successfully achieve milestones and complete deliverables. Also, a proven track record of attracting, developing and leading a world class organization.
- Ability to take actions and implement effective solutions in a timely manner
- Exceptional written and oral communication and presentation skills
- Ability to attain new order quota/product/service and sales volume by product, as defined by the annual marketing and sales plans
- Clearly understand both the global automotive market and the automotive trends, issues, events and needs
- Able to adapt to change and be self-motivated
- Ability to develop, execute and achieve tactical and strategic initiatives through active leadership
- Acts with a very strong sense of urgency and with a keen attention to detail
- Excellent problem-solving, communication, team-building and inter-personal skills
- Able to rationally convince and influence using facts and data
- Actively supports Lean and continuous improvement initiatives
- Uphold and solid example of Autolite Core Values and Ethics Policies
- Creative yet pragmatic problem solver. Methodical and hands-on as well as detail-oriented
- Decisive and logical at thoroughly evaluating issues. Excellent planning, execution and project-management skills.
- A team player and builder, receptive to ideas from others. Shares information and keeps team members and partners informed. Works effectively with others to identify and resolve issues. Excellent interpersonal skills and an ability to interact successfully with all levels of management as well as a diverse work force.
- Highest level of professional integrity and honesty as well as personal credibility.
The successful candidate will have a minimum of 7 to 10 years experience in similar leadership role with specific involvement in automotive or national consumer product environment. Educational Requirements
An undergraduate degree in marketing, business or technical discipline is required. An MBA is desirable.This is an opportunity to join a well established company and have a real impact on its future success. We are committed to making the highest quality products and providing superior customer service, and this role is critical in achieving these objectives. We offer a generous total rewards package, including a competitive wage, annual bonus eligibility and a comprehensive benefit plan. Most importantly, you will be working with an engaged and talented team of professionals.
About Autolite Spark Plugs:
Autolite began in 1911 when two small companies started producing buggy lamps, and became a thriving automotive parts manufacturer by the 1930s. Today, Autolite is the leading supplier of spark plugs in North America with headquarters in Lake Forest, Illinois and part of the UCI-FRAM Group, a $2+ billion global business within RANK Group Limited. The Autolite team manufactures Autolite branded traditional spark plugs, iridium spark plugs, platinum spark plugs, racing plugs, and also provides plugs and wire sets. Autolite is the lead supplier in the global aftermarket category providing products to do-it-yourselfers and automotive technicians. We also supply sparkplugs to leading Original Equipment Manufacturers including Ford Motor Company and General Motors.
Posted 3 years ago