Visual story teller. Strategist. Translator.
These are some of the words we use to describe our Senior Designers.
If this is how you like to describe yourself, we’d love to hear from you.
We’re looking for someone to join our team who, quite simply, “gets it” – understands that “artistic vision” is important, but ultimately it’s about making the client happy. You must be equally versed in print and web design, and have an appreciation for both. Our work is demanding, but rewarding and we want someone willing to dive in and add value at every step.
Project Management Responsibilities
- Juggle and drive multiple projects simultaneously. You’ll have deadlines. And you’ll have the support you need to meet them.
- Present and substantiate your work throughout the development process, while always staying open to feedback.
- Participate in strategic briefings, prepare materials and discussion points for creative sessions, and create engaging client presentations, including mood boards and concept reviews.
- Work efficiently and effectively and deliver work on time.
- Help the Senior Creative Directors to improve best business practices and processes to facilitate dialog, collaboration, and consensus.
- A strong understanding of grid systems, composition, and color, with a keen eye for typography, and meticulous attention to detail.
- Excellent sketching skills.
- Proven ability to articulate design concepts effectively to both internal and external audiences.
- An understanding and respect for the limitations of brand guidelines balanced by an ability to push brand guidelines in creative, unexpected ways
- Ability to establish professional relationships with illustrators, photographers, and production staff
- Effective communication skills (both in conversation and in writing)
- 5+ years experience with a design studio, advertising agency or corporate design group required
- BFA in Graphic Design or equivalent experience
- Highly competent with Adobe Creative Suite.
Compensation: Salary commensurate w/ experience.
To Apply: If you live and breathe creative problem solving. You know how to balance innovative thinking and client expectations. You can translate complex concepts into impactful, easy-to-grasp visuals, then forward your resume and online portfolio in confidence for consideration to email@example.com with the subject reading Senior Designer.