Sorry, this job was closed 4 years ago. See all open Presales Engineer Jobs in Los Angeles, CA
- 5+ years experience working with Linux. Preferably RedHat-based OSs (Fedora, CentOS, etc)
- Solid working knowledge of Apache/MySQL/Bash/Perl/PHP
- Product knowledge - must quickly become “subject matter expert” on CP/AP product
- Systems integration – must be excellent at figuring out how things connect, identifying dependencies, understanding interactions and sniffing out unintended consequences
- Working knowledge of Cisco networking gear. Working familiarity with all the relevant protocols -TCP, UDP, DNS, DHCP (and PXE), SSH, NFS, SMB, LDAP, KMFDM
- Must understand secure file transfers and related networking (Rsync, SSH , SFTP, GPG/PGP encryption etc)
- Working knowledge of firewalls (hardware and software) and IDS systems
- Experience with virtualization including VMWare and Amazon Web Services
- Technical sales or sales support experience is desired but not required
- Efficiency. We have a small team to manage an awful lot of gear. Ability to move around the shell quickly and efficiently is a MUST
- Extras! We appreciate all of your skills. Plusses are monitoring tools like Nagios, Cacti, MRTG, SAN/NAS experience, VoIP systems, certifications (MS, Cisco, RH, etc). If you can turn a wrench, that’s useful too
- The other usual suspects. You must be able to lift a mid-60s VW Beetle engine (if you can do 50lbs, that’s just fine), be able to concisely relay communications to folks both in speech and in writing, be organized and overall have a great attitude. Nobody likes negative people
- Education. We’re much more interested in experience, passion and desire than we are in school.
Soft Skills / Other
- Superior Problem Solver - must be the kind of person who thrives on “getting it done”
- Superior Communications Skills both written and verbal, this role will interact with the sales and client teams as well as directly with technical and non technical client personnel.
- Requires travel to client sites for both pre-sale assessments and installations
- Fast Learner, new products and designs will always be part of your ecosystem
- Able to work in an environment with multiple sometimes competing priorities
About Athletes Performance:
Athletes Performance is the global leader in integrated performance training for the top athletes in the world. From our four world-class facilities in Arizona, Southern California, Florida and Texas, Athletes Performance trains the top Champions in Sport, including 14 2012 NFL first round picks, 87 MLB players in 2012 alone, and 3 of the final 16 teams in the 2010 World Cup, as well as elite military operators and leading teams globally. Our work at AP takes us to China, Germany, Argentina, the UK, and many places in between, as we are helping to power the performance of athletes around the world.
In addition to supporting top athletes and teams, we leverage our proprietary methodology and systems to help high school and college athletes, military personnel, and leading executives redefine whats possible, delivering unmatched results with a world-class experience. Athletes Performance was named one of Fast Companys 10 Most Innovative Companies in Sports in 2011, and is a fixture in top media outlets including the NFL Network, ESPN, CBS Sports, Fox Sports, and Mens Health.
Founded in 1999 by industry visionary Mark Verstegen, Athletes Performance is a thought leader in the human performance space. In addition to athlete, military, and executive programming, AP is home to a Performance Innovation Team, a cross-functional team of experts that is constantly evaluating all programming and associated technology that the company delivers while driving innovation forward internally and with our team of leading partners. AP also has a dedicated Education team that conducts our industry-acclaimed Mentorship programs both at our U.S. facilities and around the world.
Athletes Performance created the Core Performance brand to help people live healthier, higher-performing lives. Today, Core Performance is the leader in proactive wellness, delivering measurable results through integrated, data-driven programs that are rooted in advanced science and research for employees and corporations. CP solutions are engaging, personalized, and sustainable, yielding meaningful results for employees and a competitive advantage for employers.
Athletes Performance Inc. is backed by Polaris Ventures, Walgreens Corporation, and ABS Capital. Along with our world-class investment team, AP is proud to have a team of leading partners committed to supporting human performance, including adidas, SKLZ, EAS, Sheraton, Keiser, Power Plate, Intel, Tignum, Axon Potential, and Zeo.
Everyone says they are offering a position in a fast-paced organization, then next thing you know you are dealing with the same stuff day in and day out. Thats not the case here. We are small. We are fast paced. We are growing faster than we can reliably maintain and thats where you come in.
Posted 4 years ago
Browse Presales Engineer jobs in Los Angeles, California:
Genoa International Solutions in Los Angeles, CA
Posted 4 months ago on Beyond
Principal Pre-Sales Engineer- ISV
Oracle in Culver City, CA
Posted 1 month ago on Beyond
Principal Sales Consultant/Pre-Sales Engineer for a Utah territory
Oracle in Culver City, CA
Posted 3 months ago on the web