Delivering unsurpassed association management services to communities since 1979, Associa leads the industry operating more than 180 branch offices across North America and employing 10,000 team members dedicated to serving nearly five million residents who are part of the Associa family. With unrivaled industry expertise, safeguarded finances and trailblazing innovation, Associa provides solutions designed to help communities achieve their vision. To learn more go to www.associaonline.com.
This is an accounting support position in a fast-paced accounting services environment providing financial services to community associations (HOAs) throughout Southern California.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Review and approve monthly financial statements for clients. Monthly reports consist of: Balance Sheet, Income statement, Monthly Trends, Delinquencies, Prepaid accounts, Bank reconciliation and General Ledger, etc.
- Answer questions for Community Association Managers (CAM’s) and Board Members regarding monthly financial statements.
- Attend board meetings as needed.
- Provide training and assistance to CAMs and other branch personnel related to financial statement review, budget development and implementation, A/R, A/P, GL, and various other accounting procedures.
- Update personnel with any association-related changes or updates to policies, procedures, banking, etc.
- Receive and open mailed payments.
- Review all reimbursable items before submission to various personnel for processing.
- Work with various personnel in all departments on issue resolution.
- Manage transition in of new clients, including communicating internally about new clients, setting up bank accounts, closing bank accounts, setting up new board members on online a/p approval system and processing new and updated signature cards.
- Oversee and request AP & AR corrections, bank reconciliation, journal entries and account adjustments.
- Maintain relationships with local CPA firms.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment with the ability to adapt to regularly changing priorities.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products (Word, Outlook, etc.). High proficiency in Excel.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret complex documents. Ability to respond effectively to sensitive inquiries or complaints.
- Ability to defìne problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Practices (GAAP)
- Able to interpret and apply industry-related law and association governing documents.
- Experienced in general ledger accounting.
- Experienced in budget development and implementation.
- Understanding of AP/AR transaction process.
- Able to manage multiple entities with accuracy and attention to detail.
- Professional communication skills (phone, interpersonal, written, verbal, etc.).
- Self-motivated, proactive, detail oriented and a team player. Willingness to grow and take on new projects as needed.
- Time management and time critical prioritization skills.
- Professional customer service skills.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.