Make a big impact! Aspen Avionics is a small company with big opportunities. If you are looking to make a difference in the aerospace industry and be a part of exciting, fast-moving programs, then Aspen Avionics is the place for you! Apply to this position if you are an Engineer with the desire to bring new technology and innovation to the aerospace industry.
The Software Engineer is a key member of the engineering team, and will take on important day-to-day technical activities within the software engineering group. The Software Engineer will take responsibility for high quality, flight critical software development under formal development processes for innovative flight software applications.
- Software engineer working in small, highly focused team environment
- Work within highly structured and formal software life-cycle processes; requirements, design, verification, traceability and problem reporting
- Work in real-time, flight critical applications
- Generate supporting software documentation as required
- Verify product requirements, specifications and develop test procedures based on it.
- Install and administer configuration management related software (issue tracking and revision control).
- Other duties as required
- Experience generating software
- Programming language: C, C++, Java
- Effective time management skills required
- Must work well in a high paced, high energy team environment
- Familiarity with DO-178B, level B or higher, and FAA certification process and procedures
- Familiarity with aircraft, aviation, avionics and associated systems highly desired
- Familiarity with avionics interface protocols a plus
- Solid writing skills with ability to manage requirements, design and test procedures with appropriate traceability desired
- A BS degree in an Engineering classification (such as engineering, computer science or mathematics) and at least 4 years experience in an engineering classification required
- A Master’s degree is a plus.
For more information about Aspen Avionics, please visit our website: www.aspenavionics.com.Aspen Avionics is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Work Environment