The Business Analyst is responsible to ensure the consistent, efficient operation and continuous improvement of all aspects of our businesses through a personal investment in our culture and the energetic, professional delivery of all IT services and support required in a diverse technological ecosystem while demonstrating a commitment to mastering the art of the “work not done.”
- Creates a collaborative relationship with the internal customers through:
- Evolving a mature, business process/requirement center of excellence through the consistent, expert elicitation, understanding, enhancement and/or documentation of the business process, systematic, architectural and functional/technical requirements of the business.
- Fostering an environment of the highest quality and efficiency through the creation, execution, participation in and/or facilitation of quality assurance and/or user acceptance testing.
- Facilitating the growth of process knowledge and cross-functional understanding through the creation, delivery and/or facilitation of end user training.
- Providing excellent production support through excellent time management, prioritization, communication, experience and expertise.
- Embraces the growth of world class IT application systems and support through:
- Providing functional & technical subject matter expertise in various business process, application, reporting and infrastructure systems both on-premise and in the cloud.
- Actively participating in and partnering with development to ensure continuous, timely delivery of new features, enhancements and defect resolution.
- Growing a world class customer service reputation through strict adherence to relevant processes, tools, documentation and meeting service level commitments.
- Proactively seeking continued education and learning opportunities to achieve job mastery.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with diverse group of people in a collaborative, team environment
- Excellent listening and questioning skills, combined with the ability to interact confidently with customers to drive understanding and consensus
- Communicates changes and may provide training to impacted users and/or business units
- Ability to interact professionally with diverse group of customers, leadership, peers, vendors etc.
- Skilled in presenting technical details in laymen terms
- Excellent computer proficiency and acumen in common applications, technology, processes (i.e. Excel, Word, Power Point, IE, Chrome, Outlook, TCP/IP, VPN, ITIL, Configuration Management, Release Management, User Acceptance Testing, Quality Assurance etc.)
- Excellent problem solving capacity founded on strong analytic skills, critical thinking, data analysis, creativity and research/study
- Excellent project management, time management and organizational skills
- Make sound recommendations surrounding improving processes, efficiency and practices based on solid facts/research
- Works on advanced, complex technical projects or business issues requiring state of the art technical or industry knowledge.
- Works effectively autonomously and in team settings.
- Facilitating design sessions with broad group of stakeholders to understand problems and define solutions
- Creating, analyzing, and validating and communicating detailed functional specifications.
- Professional delivery of all elements of systems design and implementation, including application configuration, data migration rules, business rules, wireframes, QA/UAT documentation and/or other detailed deliverables.
- Experience working with traditional waterfall SDLC and Agile/Scrum in small/large project settings
- Experience managing 3rd party contractor/vendors on IT projects/initiatives
- Development of test plans and test cases required for QA and UAT completion
- Captures process details, visualize data flows, Identify bottlenecks, eliminate waste and inefficiencies
- Programming experience with Shell Scripting, T-SQL, C#, .NET, C/AL and/or PHP desired
- SQL and relational DBMS knowledge as related.
- Ability to quickly learn and adapt to new technologies with minimal training
- Strong customer service focus
- Minimum 5+ years’ experience working as an individual contributor directly learning and refining some combination of the aforementioned skills
- Minimum 3+ years’ experience providing excellent customer service in an IT setting for an organization of 50+
- Minimum 3+ years’ experience as a business analyst or QA analyst in an application support and/or implementation setting (ERP/Manufacturing preferred)
- Minimum 1+ year of experience in some combination of technical disciplines above
- Baccalaureate degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or reasonable equivalency or equivalent combination of experience/training.