Large Corporation seeking a Government Relations Attorney with 5-7 years experience for the DC branch office. The position carries a high level of responsibility and must adhere to rigid schedules to ensure timely delivery of the customer order. The ideal candidate will offer the following abilities and knowledge, as demonstrated in employment history or other experience: Management experience; experience working with utilities, experience preparing and submitting permits and interfacing with local governments; an understanding of construction plans/drawings.
- Manage and/or assist with all aspects of submitting and acquiring permits and other entitlement applications and agreements needed for installation of Company facilities on utility poles and other infrastructure within the public right of way and public utility easements.
- Negotiate right-of-way use agreements as needed in accordance with Company standards and parameters.
- Maintain relationships with utilities within the market (both municipal and investor owned) and manage all aspects of acquiring approvals from utilities for installation, operation and maintenance of Company facilities.
- Maintain relationships with municipalities and manage all aspects of complying with conditions of approvals from municipalities for installation, operation and maintenance of Company facilities. Will also be called upon to interface with the City Attorney’s office and staff on legal matters related to municipal codes and effectively communicating regulatory status in support of our networks.
- Serve as liaison between Company’s groups to obtain, administer and to ensure compliance with general conditions of approvals at permit and construction stages of the project, and meet project timelines.
- Support the market team on legal review of agreements and review of municipal code and/or zoning ordinance changes. Provide legal response and input to protect Company’s regulatory rights and ability to install and operate networks in the market.
- Litigation support as needed.
- Provide legal research and advice to internal clients regarding access rights, permitting, and project deployment.
- B.A./B.S and a JD is preferable
Only candidates with the required education and experience will be considered. All submissions are highly confidential. Company offers excellent salary/benefits/bonus package.
- 5 years proven experience working in a utility, municipality, or Planning, Zoning, and Land Use capacity required or equivalent in a comparable industry or relevant military experience.
- Experience in presenting and speaking to the public and governmental entities required.
- Must be experienced in navigating corporate or military command structures and working within a corporate group context.
- Experience working with design teams, preparation of permits drawings and construction documents, and construction required.
- Demonstrated responsibility for administering a group or program budget required. Litigation or litigation support experience required.
- Familiarity with and experience of the rules and policies of the Public Utilities Commission desirable.
- Experience in constructing and administering community outreach programs desirable.