Sorry, this job was closed 4 years ago. See all open Linux System Admin Jobs in Arlington, VA
- Manage system HW/SW upgrades, evaluate and install patches and resolves system problems.
- Responsible for system security and data integrity.
- Work in conjunction with the project management team to identify issues with current architecture and foresee future issues.
- Carry out work to transform system requirements and architecture to a complete design, including but not limited to systems integration, engineering change/configuration management, quality assurance and test and evaluation.
- Will provide guidance to lesser-experienced systems administrators. - Perform maintenance during off-hours Position Requirements:
- Must possess at least 5 years of working knowledge of LINUX OS, specifically RHEL 6.
- Experience building, installing, and maintaining systems in a networked environment.
- Experience with installing and configuring a variety of LINUX applications and databases; including database software applications such as Oracle.
- Hands-on experience on mid-range LINUX OS servers in an EMC NAS/SAN environment.
- Use of servers to support Oracle and LDAP.
- Some experience with Solaris 9/10/11 and ORACLE Real Time Application is desirable.
- Must be able to work under limited supervision and required to train or mentor other personnel.
- Must be able to prepare/maintain network diagrams, create system documentation and maintain systems in conformance with configuration management.
Security Clearance Requirements: Must be a US Citizen with a final Top Secret clearance and the ability to obtain an SCI (Current SCI eligibility is strongly preferred).
Contact Harlin Sutton, President at email@example.com or 540 273-5940
About ARES Solutions, Inc.:
ARES Solutions, Inc (ARES), is an award-winning Small Business headquartered in Fredericksburg, Virginia. Our unwavering commitment to providing the highest level customer service enables our customers to concentrate on achieving their strategic and operation objectives. With a highly skilled workforce, we offer a broad range of technical services and management support to provide "best value" to our customers.
Our reputation for taking care of our customers and employees is demonstrated by our management's receipt of the USDA's Secretary's Honors Award, and the USDA's Small Business Contractor of the Year Award in 2004, 2005, and 2008. Long term relationships with customers and superior support services provided by an excellent technical staff with low turnover, are the cornerstone of our business.
ARES specializes in providing system and software engineering, software/web development, IV&V, T&E, computer security, networking, help desk, PM, and Intel support services to many Federal and DoD agencies.
Posted 4 years ago
Browse Linux System Admin jobs in Arlington, Virginia:
Linux Systems Administrator
Encode, Inc. in Arlington, VA
Posted 6 days ago on ZipRecruiter
Linux System Administrator
CIPS in Washington, DC
Posted 12 days ago on ZipRecruiter
Senior Unix / Linux System Administrator, Top Secret clearance NEW!
Cipherstaff in Arlington, VA
Posted 3 days ago on ZipRecruiter