JOB DESCRIPTION/ POSITION OBJECTIVE:
The Senior Accountant is a key contributor to planning, directing, and controlling the financial functions of the Company. The role assists the Controller and/or CFO to monitor daily accounting transactions and partner with functional managers to analyze the cost reduction opportunities.
Progression to management within 6 to 12 months depending on experience and deliverables.
• Prepares, reviews, and verifies accuracy of journal entries
• Completes account reconciliations and analysis timely and accurately, generating and maintaining accurate and error free financial accounts, including the monthly equity expenses records
• Prepares financial statement analysis, comparing actual to budget and prior year amounts.
• Researches variances and develops informative commentary
• Knowledgeable of SOX, maintain solid internal controls with no deficiencies, successfully completes external and internal audits with no significant findings
• Knowledge of cost accounting and standard costs accounting
• Interfaces with management, proactively responds to financial and other data requests
• Assists accurate and timely budgets, forecasts, and financial analysis and models
• Self-sufficient, meet commitments before they're due, assumes ownership, doesn't have to be reminded to complete tasks, seeks out additional work and responsibilities, overcomes obstacles, does whatever it takes to complete tasks ahead of schedule, actively seeks to help others, and doesn't offer excuses
• Ability and dedication to develop to a level to own the month-end closing process, ensures all deliverables are met on time, overcomes obstacles and challenges, does whatever is necessary to deliver quality output on time
• Attending and participating in a variety of meetings and task force groups to integrate activities, communicate issues, obtain approvals, resolve problems and maintain specific level of knowledge pertaining to new developments, requirements and policies
• Bachelor's degree in accounting from an accredited university
• Three years as an independent auditor in a manufacturing environment strongly preferred
• Two to four years general accounting in a manufacturing, biotech, or distribution field
• Ability to speak, read, and write Mandarin Chinese preferred
• Works in an office environment with occasional light lifting of files, binders, and other documents
Applied BioCode is a biotechnology company with headquarters in Santa Fe Springs, California. Applied BioCode manufactures and markets Barcoded Magnetic Beads (BMB) and detection systems for the development of highly multiplexed nucleic acids or protein detection assays which are applicable to the clinical diagnostic, life science research, and agricultural testing markets.
Currently, we are in the process of developing multiplexed infectious disease detection assays and a user friendly, high throughput system based on our proprietary BMB technology for the Molecular Diagnostics market. Our platform and multiplex assays will provide cost effective, rapid and wide-ranging detection of pathogens that can cause serious and life threatening infections within hospitals and their surrounding communities.
99+ other people applied to this job.
Posted 24 days ago