JOB DESCRIPTION/ POSITION OBJECTIVE:
The Buyer/ Material Control candidate must be able to work in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment to ensure that assigned suppliers meet or exceed Company standards for quality, delivery, and price. The job requires daily interaction with suppliers in the medical devices/ biotechnology and manufacturing field. The candidate will be responsible for resolving any issues affecting Company supply chain efficiency and reliability.
· MRP planning and implementation
· Negotiate supplier contracts to obtain best pricing and establish blanket POs where appropriate and cost effective
· Research, develop and partner with new suppliers to determine options for purchases for improved competitive advantage while maintaining the highest levels of quality and delivery
· Manage and develop relationships with suppliers to reduce costs and improve quality including on-time deliveries
· Use company MRP reports to expedite/reschedule supply replenishment as needed
· Monitor discrepant material affecting the production schedule and perform ERP transactions to account for discrepant material.
· Coordinate resolution of discrepancies involving working with Quality Assurance to keep current on material non-conformance and corrective actions
· Review, update, and develop department operating procedures, ensuring compliance to all regulatory and quality requirements
Other duties as assigned by management.
Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, or equivalent combination of education/experience
· 4-7 years of work experience in a purchasing, material control, or procurement in a manufacturing, medical devices, or biotechnology environment
· Must have excellent verbal and written communication and negotiation skills
· Must be proficient in Microsoft Applications (Excel, Word, Outlook)
· Proficient in Syspro ERP system software a plus
Works in an office, laboratory, and warehouse environment, with occasional light lifting up to 20 lbs.
Applied BioCode is a biotechnology company with headquarters in Santa Fe Springs, California. Applied BioCode manufactures and markets Barcoded Magnetic Beads (BMB) and detection systems for the development of highly multiplexed nucleic acids or protein detection assays which are applicable to the clinical diagnostic, life science research, and agricultural testing markets.
Currently, we are in the process of developing multiplexed infectious disease detection assays and a user friendly, high throughput system based on our proprietary BMB technology for the Molecular Diagnostics market. Our platform and multiplex assays will provide cost effective, rapid and wide-ranging detection of pathogens that can cause serious and life threatening infections within hospitals and their surrounding communities.
99+ other people viewed this job.
Posted 24 days ago