Your feedback helps keep ZipRecruiter safe.
Learn more about how to recognize common online scams
Seeking: Sr. Director, Global Streaming
A little bit about us:
APG is an independent new-model label and music publisher. Led by veteran music executive Mike Caren, APG is a well-funded label / publisher with the agility of an indie and the muscle of a major.
The company is fast paced, creative, and very close to the artists and writers. It’s a place for fast-moving but thoughtful and hardworking up-and-comers, determined to make a significant mark on the industry.
We are looking for an experienced Sr. Director, Global Streaming to join our team. In this role you will lead APG’s efforts in Streaming and have overall responsibility for strategy and execution on behalf of APG artists and releases across global Digital Service Providers like Spotify, Apple, Amazon & Deezer.
TITLE: Sr. Director, Global Streaming
REPORTS TO: EVP
LOCATION: Los Angeles, California
Who are you?
● Seasoned music industry professional with 8+ years experience working in the music industry, ideally in a sales or promotion role at a label and/or in marketing or editorial roles at a Digital Service Provider.
● Proven track record of driving market share performance over extended periods of times in a fast paced, global content organization.
● Significant experience from curation, programming and/or editorial roles at a digital service provider or radio network service across a multitude of genres and music cultures.
● An extensive global music industry network particularly with editorial, programming and artist marketing staff at Digital Service Providers.
● A deep technical and commercial understanding for how music streaming services function including the ins-and-outs of streaming services’ APIs, content delivery platforms and music recommendation technology
● You have an analytical mindset and are comfortable with interpreting complex sales and consumption data to create strategy built on real data.
● Establish and maintain senior relationships with Artist Marketing and Curation teams at streaming services.
● Study and become an expert our artist roster and release schedule and make sure key partners receive music, assets and any other relevant information in a timely fashion
● Build out a strategy for in-house playlisting that can deliver real impact for our artists and partners.
● Analyze streaming performance of APG artists across all major streaming providers and make appropriate strategic recommendations.
● Be responsible for creation of Streaming reports towards artist partners and internal teams using inhouse tools and apps like Chartmetric, Spotontrack and Meddling.
● Build and maintain collaborative relationships with relevant stakeholders in marketing, sales and A&R and our partner teams at Warner Music Group and Atlantic Records.
● Built out best practices and strategy for content ops, production, meta data etc to optimize performance with streaming DSPs.
● Interface with distributor and organize select label releases, pitches etc.
● Microsoft Office, particularly Excel
● E-mail Marketing & CRM Tools (i.e. Mailchimp, Hubspot etc)
College degree preferred
Why join us?
We are at the heart of the music business and launch more successful music careers, for artists & executives alike, than most of the industry. We have a fast-paced, exciting, and creative environment that is oriented for growth and career development.
APG is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, or any other classification protected by Federal, state, or local law. We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws.
Posted date: 17 days ago