ASSISTANT NURSE MANAGER – PACU ABOUT THE POSITION
We are seeking an experienced Nurse Leader to fill the role of Assistant Nurse Manager at a highly regarded teaching hospital just outside of Boston. This is a full time role and is an excellent opportunity for an experienced leader or a solid clinical nurse to make the transition into a leadership role. PACU experience and demonstrated leadership skills and ability are a must in this position.POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES
- The PACU Assistant Nurse Manager (ANM) is a Registered Nurse having a management leadership role.
- The ANM assumes responsibility for understanding and effectively communicating and integrating the mission, values, and strategy initiatives of both the department and the hospital.
- Participates in committees and task forces, communicating and collaborating with physicians and employees.
- Works closely with the ANM of the OR to identify overall unit needs and to develop strategies for the resolutions.
- The primary responsibility is consistent administration of an efficient and effective daily surgical schedule.
- Is responsible for verifying through collaborative efforts with other members of the health care team the instrumentation, equipment, supplies needed for procedures are ready and available for patient care.
- Works closely and collaboratively with the Department of Anesthesiology, Chief of Surgery, and physicians to meet the demands of the daily schedule.
- Works collaboratively with other health care providers; facilitates inter-departmental communication; and assists staff in coordinating the efforts of all disciplines into a cohesive plan for patients.
- Is responsible for ensuring that resources are utilized to optimize productivity and efficiencies in the department.
- Is a clinical expert and serves as a resource and role model in the delivery of patient care.
- Acts as a primary resource person in policy and procedure interpretation for all PACU Staff.
- The ANM will utilize the policies, procedures and other resources of the hospital as the framework for the performance and fulfillment of managerial activities and responsibilities.
- Actively supports the development of professional nursing within the hospital, within the community and within the professional organizations.
- Assumes responsibility as a self-directed professional for own, ongoing, continuing education
- Full Time, Monday – Friday, Day Shift
ABOUT THE PRACTICE
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
- Minimum of a Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) required.
- Must have Current Massachusetts RN licensure.
- Must show demonstrated clinical competence with a minimum of 5 years critical care experience.
- ACLS required.
- Management or educational experience preferred.
- Must have demonstrated clinical competence in PACU Nursing and demonstrated leadership ability
This hospital Surgery Department provides residents in Greater Boston and communities throughout Massachusetts with surgical solutions for diagnosing and treating a wide range of medical conditions. Their surgeons are board-certified in their areas of expertise, and our facilities are equipped in the latest surgical technology, including minimally invasive instruments for minimizing procedure and recovery times.
Surgery subspecialties include:
- General Surgery – A growing department with over 230 members representing all sub-specialties.
- Gynecologic Surgery – Diagnosis and treatment of common gynecologic conditions are handled at our Center for Minimally Invasive Gynecologic Surgery (MIGS).
- Neurosurgery - High-quality neurosurgical care for nearly all forms of neurosurgical diseases, including intracranial, spinal, peripheral nerve, and sympathetic nervous system diseases.
- Ophthalmology - Comprehensive service for all aspects of eye care including but not limited to eye surgery.
- Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery - Programs offered for implantology, orthognathic surgery, oral lesions, dental care of medically compromised patients.
- Otolaryngology - In addition to general otolaryngology services, our subspecialists provide expertise in facial plastic and reconstructive surgery and head and neck surgical oncology.
- Plastic Surgery – Surgical treatment of physical defects of form or function involving the skin, musculoskeletal system, cranio-maxillofacial structures, hand, extremities, breast and trunk, and external genitalia. For bariatric surgical procedures, visit our Center for Weight Loss Surgery.
- Thoracic Surgery - Staffed by affiliate Hospital surgeons offering complete thoracic surgical care.
- Urology - Complete and comprehensive care for medical and surgical disorders of the urinary tract.
- Vascular Surgery - Offering excellence in vascular and endovascular surgery.
AP Healthcare is a permanent placement staffing firm dedicated to helping healthcare professionals make the connections necessary to find their dream job. In addition to advocating for you with our clients, we offer resume guidance, interview coordination and coaching, detailed feedback, and offer negotiation. We look forward to partnering with you in your search for a new position.APPLY TODAY
If you have any questions or would like additional information, please feel free to call (617) 350-5590 and ask for Wendi or email email@example.com.
I look forward to hearing from you!
Keywords: assistant nurse manager, sst rn mgr, nurse manager, pacu, OR, operating room, surgical services, surgery, recovery room, post anesthesia care unit, rn, bsn, msn