Sorry, this job was closed 5 months ago. See all open Mechanical Engineer Jobs in Pembroke, MA
Sr. Mechanical Engineer
Compensation$75,000 to $100,000 Annually
Benefits OfferedMedical, 401K, Vision, Dental, Life
Design new antenna products and accessories. Prepare engineering sketches for construction of prototypes. Perform structural analysis of simple designs. Assemble prototypes and test mechanically. Write technical and cost proposals. Create Test Requirements, ATP, and Manuals. Provide customer contact and Program Management. Act as Lead engineer on major projects. Support manufacture of production antennas. Design for manufacture.
• Design, develop and test antenna models to assess feasibility, operating condition effects, possible new applications and necessity of modification.
• Confer with engineers and other personnel to implement operating procedures, resolve system malfunctions, and provide technical information.
• Read and interpret blueprints, technical drawings, schematics, and computer-generated reports.
• Provide technical customer service.
• Write performance requirements for product development or engineering projects.
• Research and analyze customer design proposals, specifications, manuals, and other data to evaluate the feasibility, cost, and maintenance requirements of designs or applications.
• Specify system components or direct modification of products to ensure conformance with engineering design and performance specifications.
• Research, design, evaluate, install, operate, and maintain mechanical products, equipment, systems and processes to meet requirements, applying knowledge of engineering principles.
• Assist drafters in developing the structural design of products using drafting tools or computer-assisted design (CAD) or drafting equipment and software.
• Provide feedback to design engineers on customer problems and needs.
• Estimate costs and submit bids for engineering, construction, or extraction projects, and prepare contract documents.
• Conceptual Thinking - Ability to think in terms of abstract ideas.
• Delegating Responsibility - Ability to allocate authority and/or task responsibility to appropriate people.
• Leadership - Ability to influence others to perform their jobs effectively and to be responsible for making decisions.
• Problem Solving - Ability to find a solution for or to deal proactively with work-related problems.
• Project Management - Ability to organize and direct a project to completion.
• Systems Analysis - Ability to determine how a system should work and how changes in conditions, operations, and the environment will affect outcomes.
• Time Management - Ability to utilize the available time to organize and complete work within given deadlines.
• Working Under Pressure - Ability to complete assigned tasks under stressful situations.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
Education: Bachelor's Degree (four year college or technical school): Required
Experience: 6 plus years of experience
Other Requirements: Knowledge of mechanical design and construction of ARA types of microwave antennas, mounts and accessories. Extensive knowledge of military environmental test requirements. Proficient in Solid Works, AutoCAD, Solid Works Simulation (Cosmos), Microsoft Office – (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Project).
About Antenna Research Associates, Inc - (formerly Seavey Engineering):
At Antenna Research- we design, develop, and manufacture Antennas and RF Systems for both military and civilian applications. ARA supplies antennas for Communication Networks, RF Surveillance, RF Jamming, Public Safety Networks, and Civilian markets.
ARA products cover all of the commercial and military frequency bands from 10 Hz to 80 GHz.
Antennas optimized for specific bands, as well as multi-octave antenna systems are available for fixed, mobile, and tactical applications. ARA supplies unique antenna systems in both High Volume quantities and smaller order quantities. We have supplied tens of thousands of antennas for over 50 years.
Company address: Pembroke, MA, USA
Posted date: 5 months ago
Browse Mechanical Engineer jobs in Pembroke, Massachusetts:
Mechanical Design Engineer
AJA International, Inc. in Scituate, MA
Posted 18 days ago on ZipRecruiter
Mechanical Design Engineer - 5+ years of design experience required! (Rockland,MA) NEW!
Whitridge Associates in Rockland, MA
Posted 3 days ago on TopUSAJobs
Mechanical Design Engineer - 5+ years of design experience required! (North Scituate,MA) NEW!
Whitridge Associates in Scituate, Massachusetts
Posted 3 days ago on Neuvoo