Sorry, this job was closed 14 days ago. See all open Mechanical Engineer Jobs in Beltsville, MD
Design new antenna products and accessories. Prepare engineering sketches for construction of prototypes. Assemble prototypes and test mechanically. Support proposal through technical design. Create Test Requirements, ATP, Manuals. Support manufacture of production antennas.
• Develop and test models of alternate designs and processing methods to assess feasibility, operating condition effects, possible new applications and necessity of modification.
• Use Solid Works to realized design concepts.
• Assist drafters in developing the structural design of products using drafting tools or computer-assisted design (CAD) or drafting equipment and software.
• Provide feedback to design engineers on customer problems and needs.
• Oversee installation, operation, maintenance, and repair to ensure that machines and equipment are installed and functioning according to specifications.
• Conduct research that tests and analyzes the feasibility, design, operation and performance of equipment, components and systems and recommend design modifications to eliminate machine or system malfunctions
• Establish and coordinate the maintenance and safety procedures, service schedule, and supply of materials required to maintain machines and equipment in the prescribed condition.
• Write performance requirements for product development or engineering projects.
• Design test control apparatus and equipment and develop procedures for testing products.
• Read and interpret blueprints, technical drawings, schematics, and computer-generated reports.
• Research and analyze customer design proposals, specifications, manuals, and other data to evaluate the feasibility, cost, and maintenance requirements of designs or applications.
• Specify system components or direct modification of products to ensure conformance with engineering design and performance specifications.
• Conceptual Thinking - Ability to think in terms of abstract ideas.
• Problem Solving - Ability to find a solution for or to deal proactively with work-related problems.
• Project Management - Ability to organize and direct a project to completion.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
Education: Bachelor's Degree (four year college): Required
Experience: 2 plus years of experience
Other Requirements: Knowledge of mechanical design and construction of microwave antennas, mounts and accessories. Experience in use of Solid Works
At Antenna Research , we design, develop, and manufacture Antennas and RF Systems for both military and civilian applications. ARA supplies antennas for Communication Networks, RF Surveillance, RF Jamming, Public Safety Networks, and Civilian markets.
Antennas optimized for specific bands, as well as multi-octave antenna systems are available for fixed, mobile, and tactical applications. ARA supplies unique antenna systems in both High Volume quantities and smaller order quantities. We have supplied tens of thousands of antennas for over 50 years.
Posted 1 month ago
Browse Mechanical Engineer jobs in Beltsville, Maryland:
HES in Washington, DC
Posted 8 hours ago on ZipRecruiter
Perfect Fit Plaement Chemical Team JL in Columbia, MD
Posted 24 days ago on ZipRecruiter
Antenna Research Associates , Inc. in Beltsville, MD
Posted 3 days ago on ZipRecruiter